What did you do to your R18 today?

I added a license plate frame, the R18 is too classy for most of the places I enjoy going. I also loaded the BT tune today, gotta put a few miles on it to see how it has changed.
CA9366A6-B0E3-451A-A6E3-13A07FE4E52E.jpg

I bought the Wunderlich extended shifter peg since Im still wanting to upshift and downshift with my toe. It was expensive for just a fancy looking peg but it does extend out further than the OEM one and I will say it has made shifting easier. I might still buy the matching heel peg and start doing heel shifting but for now Im happy just using my toe.

Attachments

• BMW_ShifterPEg.jpg
    BMW_ShifterPEg.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 34
I bought the Wunderlich extended shifter peg since Im still wanting to upshift and downshift with my toe. It was expensive for just a fancy looking peg but it does extend out further than the OEM one and I will say it has made shifting easier. I might still buy the matching heel peg and start doing heel shifting but for now Im happy just using my toe.
Do you have a Classic or FE?

Classic, with the running boards. In a perfect world I would have a classic with the foot pegs (but bags and windshield of course) but Im learning to work with the boards.
I’ve been very used to pegs and toe shifting up and down on my bikes. My Classic was the first with boards and heel/toe shifting in 25 years of riding.

I have come to appreciate it. The boards give my feet more places to rest them and the heel shifter I was able to get used to quickly.

I did find adjusting the position of the shift pegs helps. I have the toe shifter about even with the board so quick push down rather than lifting my toe up to the peg. I’m still playing with the heel shifter, right now it is a small lift and rotate to hit it, but I might bring it closer to the board to allow less movement.

Classic, with the running boards. In a perfect world I would have a classic with the foot pegs (but bags and windshield of course) but Im learning to work with the boards.
I have a FE and added floorboards and wanted to get the extended shift pegs but noticed the warning on the Wunderlich page that they will not fit with floorboards. So I didn’t order them. Put you have them and they work is that correct?819F8CF6-8507-4647-90EA-1A7AF14B5136.png

R2K,
The exact part number I ordered was 18200200. Fits just fine. Your list doesnt show that part number though. The page I ordered from:

Select "front" and then for finish pick "chrome" and it will be the exact one I ordered. If you then click "Bike Fitment" below it will shoot you down to where it says it will fit all the R18 models. I have no idea why they have notes saying it "only fits models without footboards" because then later it lists the standard R18.

View attachment 4783View attachment 4784View attachment 4782Installed wunderlich black engine bar, wunderlich knee pads on the fuel tank. Deleted the US red reflectors on the saddlebags and installed RSD exhaust tips on factory classic exhaust. Time to put some more miles on it now that the weather has finally melted the snow here in Michigan!
I recognise what looks like the Wunderlich tank rack, but interested to know which passenger rack you have gone with? Is it a Motherwell that requires some modification prior to fitting (as posted in another thread), or have you been able to source something that fits as is? Thanks.

I am going to give this set of foot pegs/heal rests a try. The pegs are out a little further and the heal rest seems to be in just the right position for my size 13 boots.

Pretty inexpensive eBay purchase. eBay item number: 313854584397

5B8A8FEB-A5CD-411C-85C3-ED9A4D83EC3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of things recently. Bags and mounts and some Wunderlich goodies. Cell mount and garmin holder attached directly to the stems. Factory aux light kit finally finished also.

Attachments

• P_20220330_182851.jpg
    P_20220330_182851.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • P_20220330_182751.jpg
    P_20220330_182751.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 42
I recognise what looks like the Wunderlich tank rack, but interested to know which passenger rack you have gone with? Is it a Motherwell that requires some modification prior to fitting (as posted in another thread), or have you been able to source something that fits as is? Thanks.
The rear rack is a mother well rack from an older 87-03
The rear rack is a used Motherwell from a 1987-03 XL883. No mods needed to install it fit right on bolt pattern is exactly the same. If you wanted to add an extra washer or so depending on which seat you are running, it works with both the factory BMW and any accessory Mustang two piece offered by BMW. We tried all the ones we have in stock at the shop, not sure about Corbin or other Brands.

Back