What did you do to your R18 today?

yeah, I don't feel like I'm in an operating room. Just that my legs are straight out and actually the angle takes weight off my knees so it's not uncomfortable at all. I think on my 1000 mile days, I'm going to love having this. Now if BMW could just make a back rest on the TC seat where that hole is, I'd be in heaven.

Clearwater lights were going to go on last night but they didn't send me a large enough mounting kit.
Thousand mile days? That's probably why I haven't felt the need for the rests. 500 miles is very rare for me, and at the tip top of a daily ride length.

Thousand mile days? That's probably why I haven't felt the need for the rests. 500 miles is very rare for me, and at the tip top of a daily ride length.

Longest is only 1200 but 750-950 I do at least 5 days a year. It's not that I'm showing off just that I really like just riding all day long from sunrise to sunset or later.

Well, to begin, thank you for the post and photos.

Now the not so great, to me, news. This does not look as promising as I would have hoped. It appears the sole purpose is to have a place to lay the underside of your calf on then the underside of you ankle is resting it appears on the engine guard itself. Neither of which sound very comfortable though I haven’t tried one yet.
How does it feel to you when using it and doesn’t it feel a bit strange should above be true?
I'm only 5' 9" with an approximate inseam of 30"; I installed the leg rest probably 2 or 3 weeks after purchasing my Model B. I did three separate long rides, where I forced myself to use the leg rest; at the end of the third ride, I removed and sold them on this forum.

I found them a little uncomfortable, I felt like if I were taller, they probably would be a better fit. Transitioning from a GS Adventure to the Model B, felt completely natural in the seated riding position - I'm extremely comfortable with the floor boards and haven't thought about the leg rest until now.

If I had kept the leg rest installed, I was going to zip-tie plastic hand burgers to them (they look like something Weber would make for grilling or something you see at my wife's GYNO's Doctor's office)

Last edited:
Damn she is a beauty especially with that side car. That corbin seat looking really comfy.
Quick question though, how is that Palm throttle thingy working for you? I've been seeing ads for it pop up for me and it had me wondering how effective it is.
I have the cramp buster or throttle rocker on all my bikes.
The Cramp buster is a bit better with no velcro strap.
Anyway,I really like it between cruise control and using the throttle.
I have a long riding(1962-present) history (riding many years w/o cruise control).The using the heal of my hand with the cramp buster saves my 2 outboard fingers from going numb.
They even make em for the left side to rest your left hand.Never tried one though,I don't want to be called a pussy🤡.
Just Joking!

I have the same Windshield and I added lowers which made a huge difference. But you must live someplace warm, with that beautiful palm tree in the back of the picture.
Thx,
Casa Grande Az

Winters are beautiful here.3 months of the year are brutal so,I usually get out town then.

That is a really nice outfit, makes my VN1600 & Watsonian Monaco look rather tiredView attachment 6830View attachment 6832
If you color match the bike to the car or the car to the bike it would help a bunch.Nice bike & car.
BTW:Watsonian cars are great.I almost got one but shipping and Covid wait list was ridiculous.Glad I did the Hannigan though.It is really constructed well and the car has ECC(electric camber control)w/progressive shock and disc brake.

new fender from DK!
View attachment 968

I'm toying with removing the stock fork reflectors in lieu of a pair of classic Lucas reflectors. Here's a couple photos. I covered the stock one with electrical tape for the photos. Permanent installation would involve drilling holes, so I need to be sure. What do y'all think? Yay or nay?

View attachment 970
and a titch lower

View attachment 969
My favorite look is no reflectors at all, but kids and cell phones, etc.
Where can I find that tool pouch? Can you share a link?

I have the same Windshield and I added lowers which made a huge difference. But you must live someplace warm, with that beautiful palm tree in the back of the picture.
Yes im in Southern California, the windscreen helped me a lot riding on the 101 heading up to Carmel Northern California

Finally had the time to install the ebay crash guards, and the install was definitely harder than what I originally had thought. They're on there pretty good though, and happy to have the protection on the bike.
I'm now looking into seeing if the Wunderlich rear bag guards for the R18B and TC will work with my Classic.

301973544_526312302635904_4303202777726674120_n.jpg

Adam, I am getting a backrest in about 3 weeks from Russell DayLong. When they told me they have seat build for the R18B and R18TC that includes a backrest, I immediately pulled the trigger. I'll be without my seat pan for about 10 days come end of September.

If you color match the bike to the car or the car to the bike it would help a bunch.Nice bike & car.
BTW:Watsonian cars are great.I almost got one but shipping and Covid wait list was ridiculous.Glad I did the Hannigan though.It is really constructed well and the car has ECC(electric camber control)w/progressive shock and disc brake.
The sidecar was mounted on a K100 rs that the previous owner had altered with an LT fairing & 1100
front forks. He also changed some of the switch gear when he added wide bars. It actually rode very
nicely, but the changes to the wiring made the bike unreliable. The kwak came up at the right price, &
left us with the money to get Watsonian to put the two together. Colour matching sidecar & bike had
to take a back seat, although it may happen in the future.

Back