What did you do to your R18 today?

xfTIYFz.jpg

Should be enough light.

Night Ride in the Rain:
52368329670_701a543561_b.jpg
52368329135_3d949b669d_b.jpg
52368216964_5eb80cf141_b.jpg
52367910181_d9698f0b38_b.jpg
I installed Baja-Design (BD) lights on a buddy's RV this weekend; Front, All Sides, Rear - probably North of $4k worth of very high quality lights... He's basically at the point of lighting light... It's way too much light.. (photons × 10^9)

Adam and my buddy would get along great...

How do you like the LidLock product, are the lock tumblers of high quality? I've been thinking about getting some sort of helmet lock for my Model B; real estate is at a premium in the cases.

How do you like the LidLock product, are the lock tumblers of high quality? I've been thinking about getting some sort of helmet lock for my Model B; real estate is at a premium in the cases.
The Lidlox are great. I've been working with Matt at Lidlox, and I have the first (prototype) R18 versions. I agree, there's no room for much in the cases or topcase if you have to store helmets.

R18TC Lidlox.JPG

I forgot another important upgrade this week! I've not heard it mentioned here, but have heard it mentioned in several review videos about missing upshifts.

I adjusted the toe and heel shifters and that helped. I think the front shifter is too short still. I installed the Wunderlich longer front shifter and now the problem is gone... not to mention I'm learning to like the heel shifter...

R18TC new shifter.JPG

Because the R18 Lidlox are brand new, there is not a R18 model number shown on their website yet.

When you order online there's a field that asks for the year, make, and model of your bike. I put "2022 BMW R18 Transcontinental" and Matt from Lidlox reached out directly to me. I'm sure you could call them and tell them what you're looking for.

You need a T55 Torx bit to remove the existing bar end weights and a 5mm hex to install the Lidlox FYI.

Because the R18 Lidlox are brand new, there is not a R18 model number shown on their website yet.

When you order online there's a field that asks for the year, make, and model of your bike. I put "2022 BMW R18 Transcontinental" and Matt from Lidlox reached out directly to me. I'm sure you could call them and tell them what you're looking for.

You need a T55 Torx bit to remove the existing bar end weights and a 5mm hex to install the Lidlox FYI.
This, I emailed them yesterday and they directed me to the R18 version of the bar end lock. Super convenient. I keep two of them on any bike for me and the wife.

Originally posted in the wrong thread.... but I replaced the factory "requires intense focus" wheel colored valve stem caps for something a bit easier to spot. It's always been a life saver for me!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
I forgot another important upgrade this week! I've not heard it mentioned here, but have heard it mentioned in several review videos about missing upshifts.

I adjusted the toe and heel shifters and that helped. I think the front shifter is too short still. I installed the Wunderlich longer front shifter and now the problem is gone... not to mention I'm learning to like the heel shifter...

View attachment 7124
Just did this upgrade as well and it definitely makes it much easier to shift. Bought their rear heel extender too, but found it limits my foot position on the floorboards and seemed kind of crowded so i took it back off. I can see why they came with the shorter version. Not having a bike with a heel shifter before, I forget its even there. Guess it takes a conscious effort to use and some getting used to.

Back