What did you do to your R18 today?

Got home from work a little early. I want to ride the bike to work tomorrow. Currently at 5995 miles and I guess cant go past 6000 without changing the engine and trans oil. Swapped in the DNA filter and bracket while I was there. Filter was dirty, trans oil was sparkley, engine oil was dark, and the oil plugs had no concerning chunks stuck to them.

Much success.

I don't have any more energy left in me today so the valve check will wait until this weekend.

The 60 dollar Harbor Freight wheel chock was definitely worth it.

PS - 3 of the 4 threadcerts came out with the airbox lid. Discovered the threadcerts are keyed for a hex or Allen key...can't remember what size exactly but it definitely was better than using one of the airbox bolts to reset and glue the insert.
Ohhh I like that Rye solvent ... it cleans real well!! :p

Fit a few things lately ...like rack ..longer gearshift knobs .( From a Harley.. 10 $)
Now working on a heat shield plate to substitute the original for a while until I get a proper exhaust built eventually....

Attachments

• IMG-20240501-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20240501-WA0022.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Its nice to do fun stuff ... what is not nice is if flippen Big Bird shats on your ride!!!
I guess I will be cleaning this up quickly ... sigh

cr-p-jpg.14259

Attachments

• cr@p!.jpg
    cr@p!.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
hunt it down and roast it for dinner....
If I could figure out which one of the feathered bastards did it! ... what ever it was ... it is big!

Looks like someone threw a taco at you...

Thank God you didn't catch that in the dome while riding...

Not sure how the Tacos look in your neighborhood ... but that one didn't cross my mind 😁 ... and yes I had a similar one yesterday and that one caught me in motion .. that is actually why I am so pissed today ... 😆 ... these bastards seem to be making a habit of it ...

Back