What did you do to your R18 today?

Funny on how different people tastes are when it comes to esthetics I purchased what is pictured below to match my valve covers and engine cover but havent put them on because I didn’t want to cover up the “Made in Berlin“ wording.
01FB74E0-041E-4194-B7A5-7BFF8D8644AE.png

Funny on how different people tastes are when it comes to esthetics I purchased what is pictured below to match my valve covers and engine cover but havent put them on because I didn’t want to cover up the “Made in Berlin“ wording.
View attachment 2618
I keep going back and forth about whether I want to get these covers in the machined finish. I’m also on the fence about the machined replacement gas gap. With R18 day coming up there is some incentive. I have the machined valve covers on my bike.

I th
I keep going back and forth about whether I want to get these covers in the machined finish. I’m also on the fence about the machined replacement gas gap. With R18 day coming up there is some incentive. I have the machined valve covers on my bike.
ink the stock gas cap is pure nostalgic BMW not going mess with it.

Yeah, I think I agree. I want the "Berlin Built" showing.

Slight mod of the mod:

324A5353-D79C-4880-BF87-03387C1A27D4.jpeg

Now I'm just covering up the bit about using only DOT 4 fluid from a sealed container, yaddi yaddi.

Preparing our road trip to Sicilia starting next Saturday, I installed this, supposed to be temporary, Top Case on my "bécane".
Yes! You English speaking bikers do have to learn how we call a bike in French ! :ROFLMAO:

It's a cheap but strong enough item I bought at Motea:

I had to incline it a bit backward to fulfill my sweet heart exigences about confort.

I didn't make any hole in the rack, and protected it with pieces of rubber where the case lies.
My XXL helmet fits in it.

Top Case 1.jpeg
Top Case 4.jpeg

Top Case 2.jpeg

Top Case 3.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed OEM Engine Protection Bars , and lower wind deflectors. Next up Aux lights and then Corbin Fleetwood pin stripped saddle bags. I will be selling my current saddle bags and mounts In like new condition, if anyone is interested here before they go to eBay

Attachments

• 54403A93-7DD2-4876-8822-1DA1020594D0.jpeg
    54403A93-7DD2-4876-8822-1DA1020594D0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Back