Wunderkind Handlebar

NAZMAN81

Site Supporter
Half way through taking the OEM handlebar off I realized there’s no going back. I regret nothing…. The wunderkind handlebar kit is complete and everything is going well so far 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_7285.jpeg
    IMG_7285.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7295.jpeg
    IMG_7295.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Would you have any pics taking the clutch side grip off? ... mine is a bit loose and I try to come up with a solution for hat

Glad to be of assistance 😆
I’m struggling with the last part of this install - drilling a hole through the handlebar. Any suggestions, tips or pointers are appreciated. I have basic tools

Glad to be of assistance 😆
I’m struggling with the last part of this install - drilling a hole through the handlebar. Any suggestions, tips or pointers are appreciated. I have basic tools
Center punch the surface of the handlebars in order to give the drill bit a purchase point; maybe use a uni-bit or stepper bit and gradually get to the diameter.

Center punch the surface of the handlebars in order to give the drill bit a purchase point; maybe use a uni-bit or stepper bit and gradually get to the diameter.
^ ... what Scott said ... step-bits are great! ... but make sure to de-burr the inside of the hole ... to avoid nasty surprises ;)

I used my pocket knife and etched a cross over the spot. It worked but I should invest in a center punch for the future - thanks YouTube.
The install is complete however the brake and clutch lines that come with the kit are way too short. I had to make the original ones work.
Just need some V10 clutch fluid and a brake flush and I’m ready for a ride. 👊✊👊✊👊✊👊✊👊✊👊✊✊✊✊✊😃

Attachments

• 73473752355__FDDBDF80-7616-4021-8D79-5AA2C023E69D.jpeg
    73473752355__FDDBDF80-7616-4021-8D79-5AA2C023E69D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
It’s the low. The riding position is a lot more sporty/leaned forward. I’ll attach a picture of how I made the original hydraulic and brake lines work.
Next is going to be the bigger wheels 21” front and 18” rear.

Attachments

• IMG_7348.jpeg
    IMG_7348.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
There was a comment earlier about the value of de-burring to avoid surprises. This applies to plumbing half inch copper feed lines to your house also. I discovered that water swirls in a pipe caused by burrs after a cut will eventually cause a solder joint to fail. 3rd solder joint just failed spraying water like a squirt gun for days against sheet rock in the furnace room ceiling..

Back