Anger on Facebook over Accessories

I think your critique is coming from a good place: Your experiences and wanting to ameliorate any worry anyone may have about damage should he/she put their bike down. But not all engine protection bar purchases are made to protect the engine. No, sometimes engine protection bars are purchased entirely for how they look. I'd be in that category.
And to mount lights or highway pegs.

Just a sample of what is being said and reflects the sentiment of member of our forum members, to be clear I am not the author of these remarks I just copied and pasted it here.

If you own a R18, please read and stop buying products from BMW Motorrad. If you are thinking of buying a R18 or other BMW motorcycles, don’t as you will be disappointed.

I saw the R18B at the Perth’s Motorrad dealership today. It is NICE. It has the exhaust, cruise control, comfort seat and other things I wanted on my R18 first edition. While I admire the elegance of the R18B, I feel betrayed by BMW. I have been waiting patiently for so long, hoping the shortage of accessories would end soon. My expectation is to see BMW offering these accessories to the first loyal takers like me (I also own the RNineT Racer), instead BMW builds new models with these accessories without offering these to the first edition owner.

When I asked about trading in the R18 classic for a R18B, the dealer demanded a ridiculously high price for the “upgrade”. I felt he was mocking me being foolish enough to buy the first model like installing MsWindows x.0 on a brand new computer.

To BMW management, I hope you read this. Don’t you think that you have failed the first edition takers miserably? You promised the bike will offer plenty of accessories for personalisation. Your configurator on BMW website is only a marketing lie, a click bait. We saw the good work you have done with the R18 prototype and put our faith on your product. But at the end, we are left with discontentment, disappointment and betrayal. — feeling angry.
Yep, they managed to stuff up another entry into the cruiser market, second time round. Now they have the bike but chose not to communicate with customers. BMW Germany equally just throws their hands up in the air although at least they try to communicate...

Back