Cost of first service

I'll go in next week, San Jose BMW quoted ~$550 for my 22 R18B. Definitely on the high side IMO but not outrageous I guess given the high cost area they are in.

Ok, just got home. First service done this afternoon (plus the drive spline recall lube while they had it). Took an hour and a half. All went very smoothly. Oil & filter, rear diff oil, sundry washers and a vehicle health check.

When I got home and opened up my emails I even got a video from the technician who did it which I’ve never come across before. He checked the steering head bearings, spokes on both wheels, brakes, tyres, both wheel bearings, fluid levels and for any leaks anywhere, everything really. 👌

Service book stamped. Bill. £154. Chuffed to bits with that.

While I waited I had a coffee with a mate who’s got a Royal Enfield 650, he paid more than that, £175 for his first service.

While I was there I did ask for a rough ball park figure for doing the big 6000 mile service (with valve check). £270 ish. That seems very reasonable tbh. Overall, very happy and impressed. This is my nearest BMW dealer and its gone better than I could have hoped.

Which Dealer?
Marshall BMW Grimsby North East Lincolnshire England, roughly an hour away from me. Having slept on it, It really was good yesterday, the whole thing.

TBH I was going to go down the route of buying a GS911 gizmo and doing the servicing myself however Ive changed my mind now and will just get an annual service with them for that sort of money. It supports the dealer and keeps the tech familiar with our bikes which (when they don’t take the P on prices) I like to do. Fingers crossed you get a similar experience wherever you go.

Last edited:
Gateway BMW in St Louis will be doing my first (and likely only) service, for $427 after taxes. I've attached the quote they provided for any to compare it to.
I just got a quote from Gateway BMW and my quote was $405. Looks like they are charging my slightly less for Shop Supplies than they charged you. Either way like you this will most likely by my only service done at the dealer. I will be doing all the rest myself.

Back