DK Designs Crash Bar Installation

I decided to take the plunge and invest in any means necessary to get Mrs. Todkavonic on the R18. Towards this end, the ridiculously overpriced, albeit extremely well-done, Wunderlich passenger back rest/sissy bar co-opted my saddle bag perch real estate for now. Order to arrival was 2 days. I went with chrome and used the black bolts. It works with the over-the-top, holy chrome-mountain, chrometacular thing I have going on.

Speaking of chrome, I also added engine guards. I picked the DK (tie-in to this thread) over others due to their girth. Them's thick bars, right there. Assembly was easy, crap "instructions" notwithstanding.

View attachment 1555
View attachment 1556
View attachment 1557
View attachment 1558
View attachment 1559

We'll do this until the bobber options materialize and then maybe, probably, ok likely, change gears.

/I have become that which I had forsaken.
We’ll, now that you’ve created the WunderBobber, any interest in parting with the ridiculously overpriced Wunderlich back rest?

sure, …glad to,

Complete List:
M10x30mm Qty. 2 (cross tube bolts)
M10x45mm Qty. 1 (top mount bolt)
M10x65mm Qty. 2 (low mount bolts)
M10 stainless flat washers Qty. 5

M12x40mm Qty. 4 (main guard tube bolts)
M12x110mm Qty. 2 (frame/engine plate Mt. bolts)
M12 stainless flat washers Qty. 6
M8x25mm Qty. 1 (Horn Mt. extension bolt)
M8 stainless washer Qty. 1

Note:
Brand: ASMC Industrial
M12 x110mm Coarse Thread Class 12.9 12-Point Flange - Qty. 2
These are the two long bolts for the heavy gauge low mount plate. They go through the frame, securing the plate to the frame/engine.

These were harder to find, found them at ASMC, pack of 5 was min. order.
So I have three extra of these big 12pt. bolts in black, let me know if you want two of them for your project I’ll send to you, help a R18 bother out.

The stock kit has 2xM12x110mm hex head bolts, fully threaded. These two bolts do not need to be fully threaded. These 12pt. bolts from ASMC have partial threads, and fully engage, worked perfect.
You Sir, are very thorough and I thank you for your dedication. A very comprehensive report including photos and parts list. Thank you. for your effort.

Back