Exhaust Servo

I just finished installing a Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust system; I did see the OEM exhaust servo motors during the installation. The OEM servo motors is located behind the Voltage Regulator; I did find a picture of the OEM servo motor on eBay: (see the below pictures)

View attachment 7223

Thank you so much for the pics ... That is what that is!! .. these are the stupid things that keep me from using my ATV jack to prop up the bike !!!

So, I actually got under the bike yesterday to see about disabling the servo cables. Popped the cap off of one, loosened the 10mm retainer…. But realized that unlike the R9T, releasing the cable from the retainer doesn’t really provide any additional slack to get the cable ends out of their sockets.

I did notice that the servo appears to be slightly different in that it has a nut in the center of the disc. Not sure what happens if you remove it?

Has anyone successfully disabled these on the R18 by removing the mechanical cables? Be curious what the trick is to getting slack in them to work the end retainer out.

So, I actually got under the bike yesterday to see about disabling the servo cables. Popped the cap off of one, loosened the 10mm retainer…. But realized that unlike the R9T, releasing the cable from the retainer doesn’t really provide any additional slack to get the cable ends out of their sockets.

I did notice that the servo appears to be slightly different in that it has a nut in the center of the disc. Not sure what happens if you remove it?

Has anyone successfully disabled these on the R18 by removing the mechanical cables? Be curious what the trick is to getting slack in them to work the end retainer out.
It requires patience but absolutely doable. Use the spanner to rotate the disc forward and backward to get enough slack and then you pop it out.

image0.jpeg
So, I managed to get the larger retainer out of its socket. I can't seem to get enough slack in the cable to get the smaller retainer out.

In my brain, the larger one pulls the flap down, while the upper one holds it closed?

Loosen up both cables on each side with a open end 10mm wrench and slide them out of the retainer brackets. Then disconnect the ends of the cables and put the cable bolts back into their brackets. Now their unhooked and can't close the valves. Or, just remove the whole assembly (just one bolt and 2 electrical connectors).. and put it on the shelf until needed

Loosen up both cables on each side with a open end 10mm wrench and slide them out of the retainer brackets. Then disconnect the ends of the cables and put the cable bolts back into their brackets. Now their unhooked and can't close the valves. Or, just remove the whole assembly (just one bolt and 2 electrical connectors).. and put it on the shelf until needed
I wanna take the whole assembly out but am thinking if that will initiate fault codes, if i unplug it from ECU.

Back