Exhaust Systems

These custom exhausts sound good to my ears.
I'm pretty sure those mufflers are what used to be called "reverse megaphones" and YES! they do sound sweet. I'll bet that they aren't terribly loud on the road either.
With a bit more than 600 miles on my R18 I must admit that I would like to be able to hear it a little bit, while going over 30 MPH. But the only time that I hear it at all is while tooling about "in town". The problem is that I REALLY love the look of the fishtails and swapping them for some "ordinary" replacements (even if they do sound great!) isn't an option. I'm almost glad that most aftermarket exhausts are far too loud for my taste, because that makes keeping the OEM parts a no-brainer.
Just my opinion... your mileage may vary... ;)

I'm pretty sure those mufflers are what used to be called "reverse megaphones" and YES! they do sound sweet. I'll bet that they aren't terribly loud on the road either.
With a bit more than 600 miles on my R18 I must admit that I would like to be able to hear it a little bit, while going over 30 MPH. But the only time that I hear it at all is while tooling about "in town". The problem is that I REALLY love the look of the fishtails and swapping them for some "ordinary" replacements (even if they do sound great!) isn't an option. I'm almost glad that most aftermarket exhausts are far too loud for my taste, because that makes keeping the OEM parts a no-brainer.
Just my opinion... your mileage may vary... ;)
I have found that the fishtails have grown on me so the optimal solution would be some sort of mod that released the sound. I may contact those Real Toy Shop guys who did just that to their donor R18 once we are released from Lockdown Hell.

They tried their prototype. He is talking about the sound with and without the DB killer. They say that they will comme up with a new Video when the final version is ready.... the rest is Blabla. Personnally I find the silencer too short... I am manufacturing a new pair of exhaust for my R18 (since the Vance & hines won't be available before the end of the year...). I am using a brand new exhaust that I have from my electraglide that I bought in 2018 (switched immediatly to screamin eagle before I take it out of the dealer). It should look perfect. Will post some pics when it's done.
Vance and Hines should be available in March. Then a "not street legal" Version a month later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-123608.png
    Screenshot_20210310-123608.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 48
There are so many riders and customizers bent on changing the R18 exhausts system, I hope that someone will remove the stock mufflers and not want to keep them in storage. I have some ideas to modify them that will require a pair of donor mufflers. The result may end up as junk in the dumpster, if it doesn't work out. But only a pair of OEM mufflers to experiment with will tell the tale. If anyone has a pair in good condition that is just going to collect dust, please let me know.
Regards!
Hi! One guy is selling them on the Facebook group Bmw R18 Freunde Deutschland. I don’t think he fill find a lot of persons interested in those. Maybe he can sell them for a good price.

Remus exhaust. Expected to release in may and have 10 different tips you can install. I found a euro site selling the pipes already? So idk how accurate their price is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-172848.png
    Screenshot_20210315-172848.png
    769.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20210315-172905.png
    Screenshot_20210315-172905.png
    218.6 KB · Views: 71
  • BMW_R18_REMUS_Racing.mp3
    903.6 KB
  • Screenshot_20210315-173113.png
    Screenshot_20210315-173113.png
    982.9 KB · Views: 72
I'm 95% sure it will fit the classic. The Remus pipes almost look identical to the classic pipes. Plus why would they change the mounting brackets between the bikes.
Dealer told me that they is a bag support link to the exhaust on R18 classic, I havent' got the bike yet, next month is will arrive.

I placed a order for hattech r18/2 exhaust. It was 1009 euros. Their turn around is 10 working days with shipping to NY. It was expensive, but after emailing and talking to other companies. It appears hattech is right on par with everyone else. Plus I'd have a unique exhaust.

Back