Exhaust Systems

Hi! One guy is selling them on the Facebook group Bmw R18 Freunde Deutschland. I don’t think he fill find a lot of persons interested in those. Maybe he can sell them for a good price.
Thanks for the heads-up AKBMW18. But I don't do FaceBook and that looks like it may be a source in Germany.
Sooner or later someone in the good ol' USA will want to get rid of a pair of Fishtails. I can wait. ;)

Remus exhaust. Expected to release in may and have 10 different tips you can install. I found a euro site selling the pipes already? So idk how accurate their price is.

looks like they're available to order now

Dang. It appears that the workmanship is good and the selectable end caps are a nice touch. It appears that Remus only does BMW products, so they may feel justified to price their products accordingly. If a rider likes the appearance enough to justify the price, OK. But whatever the cost or buyer's wallet depth, they appear to be a bit too "pedestrian" IMHO.
Granted, the OEM fishtails aren't everyone's taste and they sure are quiet, but they won't be lost in a crowd. :LOL:

Hardly used oem cans sell on eBay for $100. I’m very interested in additional photos/details.
Dang. I have looked and found only a right-side R18 muffler on eBay for $330. Too much moolah for me to buy, just so I can do surgery on it, hoping that I can figure out a way to improve the exhaust note, while retaining OEM appearance.

Dang. I have looked and found only a right-side R18 muffler on eBay for $330. Too much moolah for me to buy, just so I can do surgery on it, hoping that I can figure out a way to improve the exhaust note, while retaining OEM appearance.
I’m talking oem Harley, like Erik used. He mentioned in a prior post that they are from an Electra Glide

I have a complete set, one day of riding, $2,000, [lus shipping. To me they look like surplus water tower parts, but gold plated.

You want me to give them to you, for some kind of high school project? I don't think so.
You're a riot Black Dog!
No sir. What I'm hoping for is someone who accepts a couple hundred bucks for a pair of mufflers that I will cut up, with the hope of developing a way to make them sound a bit more "manly" and still look nice. The process may sound great and look great at the end OR it may prove fruitless and show that the OEM parts are ONLY USEABLE as made by BMW. In the last case, what I pay for them will be lost money on my part. I'm OK with expending some shekels in the interest of "science and improvement". Whatever the outcome, I will report back here with the results. But I can't afford to dissect a pair of very expensive mufflers hoping that we will all gain from the experiment.
Not to worry... sooner or later someone who has no use for the OEM mufflers will show up and be happy to get a couple hundred bucks for what will otherwise only collect dust in the attic. I'm in no hurry.

You're a riot Black Dog!
No sir. What I'm hoping for is someone who accepts a couple hundred bucks for a pair of mufflers that I will cut up, with the hope of developing a way to make them sound a bit more "manly" and still look nice. The process may sound great and look great at the end OR it may prove fruitless and show that the OEM parts are ONLY USEABLE as made by BMW. In the last case, what I pay for them will be lost money on my part. I'm OK with expending some shekels in the interest of "science and improvement". Whatever the outcome, I will report back here with the results. But I can't afford to dissect a pair of very expensive mufflers hoping that we will all gain from the experiment.
Not to worry... sooner or later someone who has no use for the OEM mufflers will show up and be happy to get a couple hundred bucks for what will otherwise only collect dust in the attic. I'm in no hurry.
Yeah, on EBay both almost 700. Lot of money

Back