Exhaust Systems

You are on the same track as I am, Mucker and firstime911. I am getting rid of the cats in the exhaust between the 2 oxygen sensors and will report back on the improvements, if any, in sound and performance. My guess is that just as with my R9T and my AMG Diavel, getting rid of the cats makes for a lot better sound but a bit of back firing when you come off the throttle. No need to remap the ECU's on either bike and no error flags on the dash.
Anyone have experience with removing the cats? Usually a guys with a welding torch can do it if a readymade substitute is not available. In my bikes, Remus and Termi already had solutions that were simply plug and play.

Update time? Have you made headway in modifying the stock mufflers? I've been watching eBay in the search for a pair of OEM mufflers to try modifying, but I've had no luck yet.

Thailand Slip ons . The finish could be better . The sound is good . DB killer or not . Without DB killer it s too loud . i opened the holes of the DB killer to adjust the sound . Excellent. The bike runs with less vibrations 1600- 2200 rev/mn.
It doen t give more power for sure . Might be the opposite in fact . But excellent feeling on the bike .
20210608_103028.jpg

Thailand Slip ons . The finish could be better . The sound is good . DB killer or not . Without DB killer it s too loud . i opened the holes of the DB killer to adjust the sound . Excellent. The bike runs with less vibrations 1600- 2200 rev/mn.
It doen t give more power for sure . Might be the opposite in fact . But excellent feeling on the bike .
View attachment 1834
totally agree Thai exhaust brand is amazing. Unfortunately they can't do much promotion or export cuz the government regulation.

Dealed with them on FB, very friendly . Paid the exhaust , they did the exhaust as per my request i.e. 20cm longer then the original one they made initially and with DB killer. The slip-ons were installed on the bike less then 10 days after payment. cost approx 1000e with custom fee . still waiting for custom fee exact amount.

Granted the OEM mufflers are EXPENSIVE, but so are the stockers on other brands (albeit not usually AS expensive as BMW parts) and there are lots of them rotting in landfills after they were replaced with expensive aftermarket exhausts. The prices of some aftermarket exhaust systems are amazing and I've known gents who bought them anyway. Granted, for over $5K you can buy titanium & carbon fiber systems, but it still amazes me how much moolah riders will dump into exhausts!
I've talked to the gents at my local dealership and they've told me that they may have a pair of fishtails available for experimentation in the not-to-distant future. But it'll be up to the previous owner as to whether or not he'll want to keep the stockers. My fingers are crossed.

Back