Exhaust Systems

Still, in my opinion, after over 50 years riding and doing modifications on motorcycles, I can not remember grinding on a $1500 part, or any purchased part for that matter, to make it fit.
Sounds like poor quality control to me.
I have had a few Mickey Mouse parts not fit and returned them or simply just trashed them
Have had to completely custom fabricate a ton of parts over the years, including those for the R18, but, when I got done with the "manufacturing", they fit.

My Remus exhaust fitted without any grinding or other modifications. The most difficult job was the disassembling of the original exhaust.
That is like bragging about eating a Big Mac from McDonalds without it making you vomit.
Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

BUG exhaust in Thailand actually makes and sells a stainless cat delete R18 header. Can go on YouTube to hear them. Would be much cheaper to just cut out, remove and have welded yourself. Considered doing myself until I heard the Freedom Performance exhaust. I was finally able to order today👍

Took the fish tail exhaust off to check it out because the dealership did the same for a display model. It sounds great. Not too loud and seems to run pretty much the same except for enjoys running at slightly higher rpm. Could tell the computer was figuring it out after the first couple minutes of warm up.

Looks nice but not for the R18C.Check the notice*below.

2>2 STAINLESS STEEL COMPENSATED RACING FULL KIT WITH REMOVABLE DB KILLERS.
BLACK COATED VERSION, MIRROR POLISHED AND TITANIUM VERSION AVAILABLE AS OPTIONAL.

ORIGINAL EXHAUST WEIGHT: 16.6 KG
ZARD STAINLESS STEEL FULL KIT WEIGHT: 9.5 KG
ZARD TITANIUM FULL KIT WEIGHT: 7 KG

SIGNIFICANT INCREASE, COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL EXHAUST SYSTEM,
IN TERMS OF TORQUE AND POWER AT ANY RANGE.

INNOVATIVE DESIGN INSPIRED BY BOXER ENGINES
WITH BOTH END-CAPS ENTIRELY HANDMADE

NOTICE:

- AVAILABLE IN RACING VERSION ONLY, NOT HOMOLOGATED.
- MIRROR POLISHING AVAILABLE IN STAINLESS STEEL VERSION ONLY.
- *NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SIDE BAGS.

Looks nice but not for the R18C.Check the notice*below.

2>2 STAINLESS STEEL COMPENSATED RACING FULL KIT WITH REMOVABLE DB KILLERS.
BLACK COATED VERSION, MIRROR POLISHED AND TITANIUM VERSION AVAILABLE AS OPTIONAL.

ORIGINAL EXHAUST WEIGHT: 16.6 KG
ZARD STAINLESS STEEL FULL KIT WEIGHT: 9.5 KG
ZARD TITANIUM FULL KIT WEIGHT: 7 KG

SIGNIFICANT INCREASE, COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL EXHAUST SYSTEM,
IN TERMS OF TORQUE AND POWER AT ANY RANGE.

INNOVATIVE DESIGN INSPIRED BY BOXER ENGINES
WITH BOTH END-CAPS ENTIRELY HANDMADE

NOTICE:

- AVAILABLE IN RACING VERSION ONLY, NOT HOMOLOGATED.
- MIRROR POLISHING AVAILABLE IN STAINLESS STEEL VERSION ONLY.
- *NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SIDE BAGS.
Are there dyno results with this to back up the claims?

Are there dyno results with this to back up the claims?
I did not see any posted numbers but,I would be more concerned with the air/fuel chart on dyno sheet rather than HP/TQ results.Tuning would be the first issue.
Waiting is the hardest part,LOL!
On a side note,I keep all the stock OEM exhausts & catz from my other bikes.Never know when Uncle Sam will come for me:).
Besides,just the OEM mufflers on the R18/R18C cost over $3,000 to replace and the catalytic converters are even more with the flapper system.
So.I will wait and keep all my stock parts not drilling out anything.

Now that actually looks cool. Where did you get the tips or are those the stock bits?
I only took the fish tails off and added tips from local store. I went to a dealership a waze away that had a display model configured that way. They started it up for me and I liked the sound. After asking the shop guy a few questions gave it a try. Could hear the computer tuning for the first while then sound smoothed right out. Nice how the cats and sensors aren’t in the fish tail. Louder but not too loud. Still runs great. If not a little better.

Still waiting for the “noob move” comments and why it’s a bad idea…
Idk. I have not disassembled mine yet. It appears from what I have seen that the fishtail 'muffler' is exactly that, a muffler. I have gotten use to the big ass mufflers serving multiple purposes with cats etc. if that is the case, by keeping the cats and valving it should work close to the original with a less muffled sound.

But you get what you paid for from me.

For the first addition naked bike, it calls for something cool and original. Not just another straight pipe exhaust. So far, for me, it's the fishtails and the fishtail delete options that look the best. The others seem so, idk, just another exhaust. Of course for bikes with bags it really does t matter as far as looks go.

Let's hope some more folks get into the game.

Back