Gas question

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
In Europe all gas cars, and I guess bikes too, are ready to run with ethanol since 2008, or so.
I run for years my non diesel cars with E85. Mini, CLS, and even my 1993 Chevy Tahoe with it, with no harm.
Cost 0,7 a liter instead of 1,8 €.
On the R 18 tank is written E5 or E10.
So ethanol is ok.
Yes the range lowers (-15% with E85).
But it won't dammage anything in the engine nor fuel lines, as far as the electronic manages the fuel richness correctly.20221101_104111.jpg

Last edited:
In Europe all gas cars, and I guess bikes too, are ready to run with ethanol since 2008, or so.
I run for years my non diesel cars with E85. Mini, CLS, and even my 1993 Chevy Tahoe with it, with no harm.
Cost 0,7 a liter instead of 1,8 €.
On the R 18 tank is written E5 or E10.
So ethanol is ok.
Yes the range lowers (-15% with E85).
But it won't dammage anything in the engine nor fuel lines, as far as the electronic manages the fuel richness correctly.
If you store it with ethanol untreated it sure the hell will! Ethanol is GARBAGE.

Fuk that...I notice a huge difference...you'd have to be dead not to notice ..*Gasoline* engines run best with *gasoline*.
Not sure but when I used to drink alcohol,my bike seemed to run a little better with Gin,Tonic and a twist of lime.:ROFLMAO:

Just a word of caution:
Unless you have a vehicle that specifies you can run E85: DON"T ! IT'S NOT GASOLINE!

That is stated on the E85 pump.

Just a word of caution:
Unless you have a vehicle that specifies you can run E85: DON"T ! IT'S NOT GASOLINE!

That is stated on the E85 pump.
What I don't understand, at least with what I've experienced, cars designed to run or tolerate E85, of which is cheaper, get poorer fuel mileage then they do running gasoline with less or no ethanol. What then is the advantage?

What I don't understand, at least with what I've experienced, cars designed to run or tolerate E85, of which is cheaper, get poorer fuel mileage then they do running gasoline with less or no ethanol. What then is the advantage?
$$$$
These folks are getting a $ubsidy known as the 1st Corn-Holer's.

Back