R18 B 7 Jurock Windscreen

I would rather have a tall screen and just look through it if that’s what it takes to clear the buffeting. Most riders want to see over however.

If the stock TC screen is too low or in your line of sight, the Jurock 23” is your fix

I'm not current on the Jurock inventory. My previous post was based on an overlap comparison I saw of the stock TC screen with the Jurock 23. It was at that time about an inch taller plus had the lip at the top.

I got the Jurock 18 and I'm still on the fence. i think it looks terrible vs the stock R18 B screen, but the wind noise and buffeting I experienced with the stock screen was not acceptable. before I forget, I'm 5'7" (for reference).

the 18" screen gives me a wonderfully quiet ride. for comparison:
with stock screen, Interstate riding meant no music, because I just couldn't hear anything but noise. every now and then I'd be able to hear the song, but in general, anything above 50 mph meant turning the music off.
with the J 18" screen, I can hear the music clearly up to 65 mph, and depending on traffic and wind and whatnot, sometimes the music stays clear all the way up to 75 - 80 MPH. huge win.
as for the buffeting: It's a lot better than stock, but I still experience some, which is disappointing. there's a sweet spot that seems to be really smooth, but I'm not quite tall enough for the sweet spot. I have to lean back with my arms fully stretched and kinda crane my neck back and up... lol. Buf when I do that, the buffeting goes away almost completely. I think if Jurock made a 17" or even a 16", that would have been perfect for me, but at the time of purchase, the 18 was the shortest they had.

The tip of the screen comes up to about my chin or my mouth, so on flat roads, visibility is fine, and I forget the screen is there. But in stop/go traffic, slow speeds, or hills, I find the screen suddenly leaping into my line of sight and it's terribly distracting (or I'm just not used to it).

I wish it was quicker to swap the screens. I might try to order another set of the hardware from BMW so I can keep the little rubber things installed on the stock AND jurock shield to make for quicker screen changes. I think it comes down to this: if I will be on interstate highways for anything more than an hour, I'd want the Jurock. If I'm not gonna be on the interstate at all, I'd want the stock screen. Thus a quick changing set-up would be great.

Wind screens are hard to categorize. Screens hated by some are loved by others.

I also have been looking at the Jurock screen Currently Stock TC windscreen that I measured at 21inches and I am looking through the top two inches of the windscreen. Driving me nuts, I have been considering a 19 inch thinking that would allow me to look over the screen. But all these photos are showing me that the Jurock is a different angle and 19 might still be too high. Factory 18 inch lays a little flatter than the TC screen. I am 5'10" and I guess I slouch a little. Some one had a picture from the riders view of a Jurock 18 inch Looks pretty square. What I have decided against is the tint! I still do some night riding. I have not really experienced any buffeting on any of my bikes in the past. I have tried to call and talk to CS at Jurock, sent email and left message to call me back. No one has yet. That has been over the last 2 months. Any other companies making windscreens for the TC and B models?

Does looking through the glass bug you or is it that the top of the glass is your line of sight? For me the latter case is annoying.

Does looking through the glass bug you or is it that the top of the glass is your line of sight? For me the latter case is annoying.
Agreed! The Lady from Jurock had me size it just so, that the upper edge of the windscreen is just right below the tip of my nose when I am in my preferred riding position and that works well for me ... and I do have the 'flip' version that distorts the view around the top edge just a little bit ...

Looking through the windscreen, drives me nuts! personal preference
I raved for years about my R1200C and how much I loved it. However, I bought a windshield from Cee Bailey that was 1 inch too high. Drove me crazy for years but I was too tight to buy another one and felt cutting it would ruin it.

Back