What did you do to your R18 today?

Did it affect the wheel balance?
I mean, enough to feel it.
Can you display " human" unities, like Celsius? 🙃
Yes, you can have it display in Celsius and also bar rather than psi. Regarding balance, they weigh 12 grams. My pre-purchase research around the web concluded that that was too little to effect a noticeable difference, especially with heavier wheels. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Yes, you can have it display in Celsius and also bar rather than psi. Regarding balance, they weigh 12 grams. My pre-purchase research around the web concluded that that was too little to effect a noticeable difference, especially with heavier wheels. I haven't tried it myself yet.
The previous generation's were 12 grams each. The new FOBO-Bike-2 sensors are 8 grams each, with battery installed. Anything less than 10 grams should not be an issue. Especially not, as you mentioned, on heavier wheels.

1620143531159.png
FOBO (my-fobo.com)

On cars, the pressure monitoring is done by the angular wheel speed thru the ABS sensors.
If it deflates, the diameter decreases, and the wheel rpm increases.

I have 3 cars with tires pressure monitoring, a Mini, a Volvo and a Mercedes.
None of them have pressure sensor.

I have been using
Interesting!

Let us know if you notice any issues with air leaks, it's been my concern with this type of sensor that relies on keeping the Schrader valve open at all times.
I have been using FOBO, TireGard and Garmin since 2014. I have never had any of the sensors leak. I have had them stolen, though, twice - but you can generally buy spare sensors. FOBO is the slickest, and the new FOBO-2 sensors the lightest by far. TireGard is the only one that has a security ring that attaches with a small Allen screw, but it can be a PITA since you need to remove and replace it each time you top up air.

Also, have a look at these; Accu-Pressure Motorcycle Tire Pressure Safety Caps (32-40 psi) – Sierra BMW Motorcycle (shopbmwmotorcycle.com).

I have never used them, but they will provide a heads-up at a glance and do not use batteries. The OEM sells them at up to 45 psi; Accu-Pressure Standard Safety Cap (SET OF 4), Accu-Pressure Safety Products, Inc.

Last edited:
I will write back in a private message in the evening (I can not do hidden advertising
Please, write to me too. Including info of shipping to the USA. And, by the way Mr. Administrator: allow holan to explain here what is he doing. The lack of OEM accessories and information requires anything what we can do here

Back