What did you do to your R18 today?

Check these pics out. New from wunderlich. I contacted the company in Europe to discover there is no part number yet, and they expect to have the part available in two months time. I grabbed these pics from their YouTube video.
To each their own and I like it! The bracket itself could be a little more styled like the rest of the hardware on the bike, or perhaps some sort of matching leather cover...but I am very interested in what the price will be

Changed out the horn this morning with the Autohaus Part Nr. 61-33-8-381-271 horn. Easy change, plug and mount was a breeze, and the sound is much better than the beep-beep of OEM.

The first stage of changing the rear section of the R18 - replacement of the indicators with a more classic design and made of metal (with a 3-in-1 function as the original ones). The most difficult element - bushings cut at the right angle (inside and outside the fender)
IMG_9018.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9019.jpeg
    IMG_9019.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9020.jpeg
    IMG_9020.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9021.jpeg
    IMG_9021.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 22
WTF is that messed up cowpie? Looks like a fart in a spacesuit. Amateur night at the Bijou?
Here is my intermediate step.
But then I am not trying to sell them to anyone.
Finished the Bobber fender and fender mounts today. Need to finish ptrping the fender and fender struts for painting next week.
Will post some pictures of the fender and fender mounts tomorrow.
The R18 is currently on the lift with the rear tire removed.
Parts fabrication complete.
The stock turn/brake light were retained and dual license plate lights added utilizing the windshield washer harness from a Mini Cooper, no cutting or modification of the stock wiring harness required.
All of this has been completed without the modification(cutting wires, parts or drill addition holes), the bike can be returned to completely stock configuration at anytime.
Film at eleven.
2021:03:04-3.jpg

Last edited:
WTF is that messed up cowpie? Looks like a fart in a spacesuit. Amateur night at the Bijou?
Here is my intermediate step.
But then I am not trying to sell them to anyone.
Finished the Bobber fender and fender mounts today. Need to finish ptrping the fender and fender struts for painting next week.
Will post some pictures of the fender and fender mounts tomorrow.
The R18 is currently on the lift with the rear tire removed.
Parts fabrication complete.
The stock turn/brake light were retained and dual license plate lights added utilizing the windshield washer harness from a Mini Cooper, no cutting or modification of the stock wiring harness required.
All of this has been completed without the modification(cutting wires, parts or drill addition holes), the bike can be returned to completely stock configuration at anytime.
Film at eleven.
View attachment 2005
Looks like a water buffalo took a giant crap and instead of falling on the ground it just ran down the backside of its hairy legs and made a bunch of dingle berries....

😆 🤣 😂
Just giving back some of the commentary you give to others here 👍
Do you actually do any of your own design and fabrication or just complain about the dealer not having bolt on bicycle whips for you chinos, with simple easy to follow step by step illustrated installation instructions?

This guy is trying to sell you something that is half baked and not well thought out.
I am not trying to sell you anything, just pointing out the short falls of someone trying to get you to send him money.
My modifications I have done myself and can show you how to do them yourself.
No exchange of money required.
Note in his illustration, loose dangling wires, stock lights still present, drilling holes in the fender and fender supprt, does this look like a finished professional product to you?

Last edited:
This guy is trying to sell you something that is half baked and not well thought out.
I am not trying to sell you anything, just pointing out the short falls of someone trying to get you to send him money.
My modifications I have done myself and can show you how to do them yourself.
No exchange of money required.
Note in his illustration, loose dangling wires, stock lights still present, drilling holes in the fender and fender seuuprt, does this look like a finished product to you?
Thats fine and all and I respect and like when guys like you post your mods...but why do you have to make fun of and trash others for stuff they post? People that are dumb enough to fall for that kind of stuff shouldn't be buying motorcycle parts anyway....and btw I'm posting this like we are all just sitting around the table enjoying each other's company and enjoying some beers together... not trying to start a fight lol

Thats fine and all and I respect and like when guys like you post your mods...but why do you have to make fun of and trash others for stuff they post? People that are dumb enough to fall for that kind of stuff shouldn't be buying motorcycle parts anyway....and btw I'm posting this like we are all just sitting around the table enjoying each other's company and enjoying some beers together... not trying to start a fight lol
If someone is trying to sell you something, perhaps he should have a finished product to show, not a a paint by numbers do it yourself project.
The difference is, mine IS a do it yourself project and this is what I show, am not trying to sell you anything or con you out of your dollars.
My dog is asking for a cookie.

Tomorrow it is hipity hop to the paint shop to get a coat of candy.
The fender began as 31" dia, reduced into 27" dia to match the 26" dia tire.
Fabricate mounting brackets and fender struts.
Ready for painting.

Fender brackets.JPGFender with tire.JPGFender FormingJPG.JPG

Last edited:
I finally had my high seat arrive from Germany, it is on, and in place. It was personally delivered to my home by my sales guy, Adam. Wonderful service!

The high seat makes one hell of a difference – much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Back