What did you do to your R18 today?

I mounted the same and it changed completely the position and the feeling of the bike.
It's great stuff, you won't regret your choice.
View attachment 2246
Yeah,thx.
Just went for a short ride.The suspension actually seems smoother & less harsh over the bumps.The passenger seat sits the passenger a little higher.My wife said it improves her view.

Regards,Tom

Black Wunderlich engine guard on. Ugly as expected (not only the wunderlich, all of them) but necessary. I tried to figure out how the OEM engine guard will allow you to put your extended legs on a plate over the engine. With the stopped bike I simulated the position and is impossible and unnatural
Now, waiting for the weekender seat on August 28th (and its backrest) for more detailed pictures

Attachments

• 013BAA79-A285-4E29-9766-503A0ECE37C6.jpeg
    013BAA79-A285-4E29-9766-503A0ECE37C6.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 25
Retrieved the custom Bobber fender and fender struts from the painter.
Modified the seat pan for fender clearance, relocated license plate and lights for fender clearance.
Milled brake/signal light mounting brackets for additional clearance.
Adding the custom bobber fender created interference issues, but nothing a little time and effort can not overcome.
Had to oder some longer M10-1.5 stainless bolts.
Ordered some more M6 button heads while I was at it.
Dogs still playing possum.

Retrieved the custom Bobber fender and fender struts from the painter.
Modified the seat pan for fender clearance, relocated license plate and lights for fender clearance.
Milled brake/signal light mounting brackets for additional clearance.
Adding the custom bobber fender created interference issues, but nothing a little time and effort can not overcome.
Had to oder some longer M10-1.5 stainless bolts.
Ordered some more M6 button heads while I was at it.
Dogs still playing possum.
Photos, man

I finally wasn’t working on the weekend so I got the chance to do 4 things today. I liked Gilles’ mod for the oil cooler grill and those parts came in this week so that was put on. I was inspired by TheMucker’s pictures of the Weekender Seat so that went on. The machined cylinder head covers arrived with the seat this week so it was addition number 3. The last addition, which I’ll talk about in a separate thread, was to install the BMW windscreen bag.

Tom

02F16AED-3602-4779-9C61-C782E10B5B4C.jpeg71B0F3AE-3B9A-40B4-B58B-715D3ED1D49A.jpeg

Tested my new R25 saddle with temporary mounting to check and adjust the riding position

selle-r25-montage-test-7b-jpg.2411

Selle R25 montage test (3a).jpg

Selle R25 montage test (14a) (2).jpg

Attachments

• Selle R25 montage test (7).jpg
    Selle R25 montage test (7).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Tested my new R25 saddle with temporary mounting to check and adjust the riding position

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360
Based on the last photo, the stock rear fender looks completely out of place with that tractor seat installed - almost disconnected. You probably need to replace it with a Bobber-style hugger. Even Black Dog's fender-less Rat-rod looks better as that features a proper Corbin® seat at least.

Last edited:
tastes are not criticized. this is what motorcycles used to be like. and if it is even more comfortable than on the original seat, then I am YES. I really like this solution (and there is an additional space for luggage just behind the seat)

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360
I like this better than the fender that moves with the suspension.At least you have a convertible with the option of returning to a passenger pillion or the stock seat.How bout a picture with you sitting on your bike.Probably won't be a issue.
I'm not a fan of bikes without fenders(unless you only ride in fair weather because it sux riding in the rain w/o a fender)or bikes that have moving fenders.Funny,these bikes really kick up a rooster tail with the stock rear fender.It's Monsoon season here in Arizona & I got caught in a down pour on the way home the day I bought my R18(supposed to be good luck,HAHA).

Regards,Tom

Based on the last photo, the stock rear fender looks completely out of place with that tractor seat installed - almost disconnected. You probably need to replace it with a Bobber-style hugger. Even Black Dog's fender-less Rat-rod looks better as that features a proper Corbin® seat at least.
This is your opinion and, again, I do not want to make a Bobber R18, but to recall the style of the old R series.
I'm now testing this R25 seat and I will then see if I need to add some kind of bellows under the fender

This is your opinion and, again, I do not want to make a Bobber R18, but to recall the style of the old R series.
I'm now testing this R25 seat and I will then see if I need to add some kind of bellows under the fender
It looks cool. We need photos with you on the bike to see “in real life”!!! Excellent idea

Back