What did you do to your R18 today?

So I too fitted the solo seat. I think the bike looks awesome now. I'll try and fit a passenger seat at some point so my wife can ride with me. As mentioned elsewhere, the seat is FIRM. It's also quite taller which makes the bike even better IMO. Best seat yet.

FixOOIJXkAAtnqI

R18Holan, I would be interested in the mini backrest if you move pasted prototype into commercial production.
I ordered the first 10 pcs. at the upholsterer. as soon as we get them, we will combine them with the mounting and stiffeners, we will add them to the offer

So I too fitted the solo seat. I think the bike looks awesome now. I'll try and fit a passenger seat at some point so my wife can ride with me. As mentioned elsewhere, the seat is FIRM. It's also quite taller which makes the bike even better IMO. Best seat yet.

FixOOIJXkAAtnqI
How do you like the ride compared to the original seat?

You sit quite a bit higher which I like. It's less cruiser like and more roadster like. The seat is firm but I don't mind.
It looks beautiful with the original rear fender. In my opinion, much better than the look with the entire bobber kit, because I don't like the empty between the seat and the bobber rear fender (just my opinion). I'm looking forward to read your feelings about the comfort of the bobber seat for long distances or long rides, specially comparing with the OEM seat.

The OEM (for me) is "impossible" to ride more than one and half hour... The weekender solve that situation but is not that good looking as the OEM or the Bobber OEM Seat.

You sit quite a bit higher which I like. It's less cruiser like and more roadster like. The seat is firm but I don't mind.
Curious how the Wunderlich AKTIVKOMFORT seat is compared to the Weekender or Day Rider? There don't appear to be any reviews out there for the Wunderlich on the R18's. You had mentioned earlier you installed the Wunderlich seat, but then your later pictures show the BMW solo seat . Did you get both seats? Wasn't sure which seat you were comparing the original to.

I installed the BMW brand engine guard on my R18 Bagger. I would have preferred a black engine guard but wanted to stay OEM this time because I might install the leg roaster, I mean leg resters, which require the OEM engine guard.
View attachment 7901
I have said this before but I really like the dark engine case on the B. Would have preferred it on the TC as well.

Curious how the Wunderlich AKTIVKOMFORT seat is compared to the Weekender or Day Rider? There don't appear to be any reviews out there for the Wunderlich on the R18's. You had mentioned earlier you installed the Wunderlich seat, but then your later pictures show the BMW solo seat . Did you get both seats? Wasn't sure which seat you were comparing the original to.
My bike came with the Option 719 seats. I bought the Wunderlich seats. The Wundelich rider's seat is 1 inch taller. I also bought the BMW solo seat and I would say that one is about 3 inches taller. I will try and see if I can fit the Wunderlich passenger seat with the solo seat. The Option 719 passenger seat works fine with the solo seat.

I helped a fellow R18 forum member with the removal of the Servo Module on their R 18 FE this weekend, he is waiting on the delivery of the two Servo-Buddy modules in order to complete the job.

I also purchased the used X518 Kern-Stabi stand, and fabricated a jig in order to accommodate the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust on my R18 B. Lifting the bike was a super easy process and not a heavy lift; I can easily see how the stand will come in handy for routine maintenance.

Question: Is storing the bike up on the stand over the Winter Season, a Good thing for the tires or a Bad thing for the suspension?

IMG_20221204_134020668_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
MAX BMW delivered my TC Lower Leg Wind Protection parts today... Looking for some ideas paint wise.. Do I just get them painted BLACK to match my bike, or add white pin stripe or something else..? Ideas..? I haven't seen much in the custom department for the Baggers.

IMG_20221206_192401205.jpg

I have not seen anything that I like yet to solve the air turbulence issue, so I come up with stuffs that I have lying around in my garage from the other bikes.
I added the windshield air deflector, Memphis shade trimmed and mounts behind the blinkers and purchase the Utopia backrest for distance travel. No more issue at +90mph.

Attachments

• 20221207_160318.jpg
    20221207_160318.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221207_160338.jpg
    20221207_160338.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
Aside from actually getting to ride today since is was 60ish degrees, I also received the Brentune unit and got the wheels turning on getting the bike tuned. Really curious to see how the bike feels afterward (if I get another decent day before March lol)

MAX BMW delivered my TC Lower Leg Wind Protection parts today... Looking for some ideas paint wise.. Do I just get them painted BLACK to match my bike, or add white pin stripe or something else..? Ideas..? I haven't seen much in the custom department for the Baggers.

View attachment 8102
I can’t really tell from the pics….are they not painted black?
Seems odd they are primed only.

Back when I rode a black R1200C, it was a different shade of black from the Montauk black. Don’t know which shade of black is on my R18TC.

Back