What did you do to your R18 today?

I installed the BMW brand engine guard on my R18 Bagger. I would have preferred a black engine guard but wanted to stay OEM this time because I might install the leg roaster, I mean leg resters, which require the OEM engine guard.
View attachment 7901
Gotta say,theTriple black is a Beauty.Black Betty would be a great name,Bama Lam!

Happy to hear about another Schuberth user
I gotta say that I love my C5 and was even considering getting another as a spare eventually lol

Today I upgraded to the Schuberth C3 Pro since I find it rounder than the C4 or C5.. I added the Sena 50R and its like my head is in a 7 Series while my body is in the R18 lol very nice quality.

Happy to hear about another Schuberth user
I gotta say that I love my C5 and was even considering getting another as a spare eventually lol
At first when I got the bike I thought it would be too much helmet for the bike but I love it. I prefer not to have the wind. I got 50R Sena installed in it. So Harmon Kardon for the win! I got it in white too!

Set up the security in one of our parking spaces in the basement:
The other bike arrives next week, wifey bought an Indian Super Chief Limited
The best money is in parting them out. They bring their own (generic) front wheels and drive them out chocked on a trailer. In your case, two beauties for half the trouble each.

bike lock.jpg

Consider relocating the anchor so you can chain the swingarm below the bike. Keep the chain as short as possible and the padlock at/to the anchor. More hassle, I know, but also to steal it. So, they'll keep looking for an easier (quicker) score.

Last edited:
I installed the crash bars and the Cleaview Shields windshield.

I am waiting on my Wunderlich seats. They should be in this weekend.

FiSjFfIXgAEQ_R9

The best money is in parting them out. They bring their own (generic) front wheels and drive them out chocked on a trailer. In your case, two beauties for half the trouble each.

View attachment 7934

Consider relocating the anchor so you can chain the swingarm below the bike. Keep the chain as short as possible and the padlock at/to the anchor. More hassle, I know, but also to steal it. So, they'll keep looking for an easier (quicker) score.
Wasn't allowed to put anchors at the back, we have 24 hr security and cameras, it was to stop the impulse thieves working in the apartment block with a transit tbh.. but thanks

yeah, I don't feel like I'm in an operating room. Just that my legs are straight out and actually the angle takes weight off my knees so it's not uncomfortable at all. I think on my 1000 mile days, I'm going to love having this. Now if BMW could just make a back rest on the TC seat where that hole is, I'd be in heaven.

Clearwater lights were going to go on last night but they didn't send me a large enough mounting kit.
Utopia back rests has a model the fits well

On the BMW Hommage seat (which is still the best and designer solution for me), the body moves backwards when accelerating. That's why I decided on a very simple patent. Mini-back mounted in factory passenger seat points. The problem has been solved and the mini-backrest fits in this place and does not disturb the style of the bike.
IMG_1947.jpegIMG_1948.jpegIMG_1950.jpegIMG_1890.jpeg

On the BMW Hommage seat (which is still the best and designer solution for me), the body moves backwards when accelerating. That's why I decided on a very simple patent. Mini-back mounted in factory passenger seat points. The problem has been solved and the mini-backrest fits in this place and does not disturb the style of the bike.
View attachment 8025View attachment 8026View attachment 8027View attachment 8028
Where did you find that mini backrest?

Your bike looks awesome!

R18Holan, I would be interested in the mini backrest if you move pasted prototype into commercial production.

Back