What did you do to your R18 today?

How do you like it?
The sound of the exhaust:
it has a good crisp bass exhaust note when you go thru your speed channel which is really nice! I ride the exhaust in the open valve position all the time. What’s really nice is when i first start it early in the morning, my neighbors don’t complain because the valve is in the close position and it’s not loud.

I like the color option i chose, makes the bagger look really good!

If you are looking for HD loud this is not it. Overall i think this exhaust is nice!

Last edited:
You went with the Black color, looks pretty good .. I was on the fence between the Chrome vs Black color..

Did you self install or have the service shop do it? If done by BMW, what did they charge?

Where was the controller and select button mounted?
Hi, i installed it myself. It is fairly easy to do it. I don’t know how much the dealer would install for???? Probably an arm and a leg😂. Let me know if you need help.

I placed the controller on the right side behind the R18 logo and the button on the right side handlebar, but you could place it pretty much anywhere you think is a good spot for it.

Set up the security in one of our parking spaces in the basement:
The other bike arrives next week, wifey bought an Indian Super Chief Limited

Attachments

• IMG_7378.jpeg
    IMG_7378.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7382.jpeg
    IMG_7382.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7381.jpeg
    IMG_7381.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7379.jpeg
    IMG_7379.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 7afb7dd7-2783-4768-b089-22aa25235ce5.jpeg
    7afb7dd7-2783-4768-b089-22aa25235ce5.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 45
Set up the security in one of our parking spaces in the basement:
The other bike arrives next week, wifey bought an Indian Super Chief Limited
Thunderstroke enginge are awesome!Good choice.

I haven't told her about sport mode yet lol
It will shock you.It changes the linear powerband to right now.My 22 Springfield with 111/stg2 cams really scoots in standard mode and turns a bit Krazy in Sport.I had a 2017 Ltd 116 with ported heads and it was a beast but did not have the mode settings.I gotta say,my 111 is stayin 111.It is that good.For the extra $$$$ the bbk/116 is not worth the money I spent.The new Indian tunes are awesome and I doubt I will add a tuner.
Last thing in my high jack(sorry).The oem from the factory 111/116 are really good.When I turned my 17 111 using the 116bbk and did a bunch extra it became a moody,hotter running,loud as hell and tweeky bike to leisurely ride.
Good luck with the New Chief,really cool bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will shock you.It changes the linear powerband to right now.My 22 Springfield with 111/stg2 cams really scoots in standard mode and turns a bit Krazy in Sport.I had a 2017 Ltd 116 with ported heads and it was a beast but did not have the mode settings.I gotta say,my 111 is stayin 111.It is that good.For the extra $$$$ the bbk/116 is not worth the money I spent.The new Indian tunes are awesome and I doubt I will add a tuner.
Last thing in my high jack(sorry).The oen from the factory 111/116 are really good.When I turned my 17 111 using the 116bbk and did a bunch extra it became a moody,hotter running,loud as hell and tweeky bike to leisurely ride.
Good luck with the New Chief,really cool bike.
Cheers, I can't wait for it to arrive now...

I've ordered these.
I like the rubber band protection underneath.
And the "since 1923" retro look copper roundel. :LOL:
I'll check the roundel bolts length and probably manage to put a thin rubber liner to avoid dents on the OEM cover.

Last edited:
Back