What did you do to your R18 today?

I ordered it, I’ll wait before I decide to powder coat it.
(y)
I forgot to mention to be careful unscrewing and screwing the inner section to the fuel hole.The threads are sharp as hell.So sharpe that I didn't feel it cut me till I saw that I was bleeding.

Makes me wonder what gloss lacquer black would look like.
I have done mine in black and will complement it with a stainless or aluminium mesh. I will also install a Trailtech 732-FNA1 Oil Cooler Fan, for which I already mounted the controller in the oil cooler cover. I install the same fan on most of my big V-twins.

I got the oil cooler cover, license plate mount and the plastic bits below the side covers painted simultaneously. The shop used an ABS primer, filler and two topcoats.

IMG_2064.JPG

Hi all. New to the forum (was researching luggage options). Thought I would share some photos of the money pit :). View attachment 4174
Since the first photo I got the wheels and exhaust fitted. Don’t have a great photo but here is the ’finished’ product.
View attachment 4175
Welcome. It is not finished, trust me, and it has only just started.

I have been told that owning a yacht is analogous to a chain smoker rolling his f4gs using $100 bills. Owning an R18 is similar, except you are not a chain smoker. Yet.

That is OTT, though. Momentarily catching a pebble in the tire tread could chip the paint or even damage the fender (or shall we call it a fenderette). It is fairly common that a nail embedded in a rear tire will shred the ABS rear hugger on sportbikes, and those typically have 1/8" or more clearance.
Agreed. I will bump it up with a washer or spacer. Fenderette, I like that. Lol.

This bike will be a fair-weather-bobber-build. If I do hit some water this will at least keep it out of my face. But really, it just looked weird without one.

Put the BMW engine guard on. My sweetie plans to ride this one and at only 5' she is worried about a drop as she gets used to it. Fits well with the bike.

It was also a very easy install, nice when everything lines up. It is sad that that is rare with manufacturer parts anymore.

5A7BEA70-E01B-4F48-979D-6CE7A386DCF2.jpg

IMG_0084.JPGIMG_0085.JPG
As some of you know,I have arthritis and the locking cap was a bitch for me to grip.So,I added the new push button cap.
I got this small tank bag and center strip to cover the area where I dropped the locking cap and left a small dent.Pictures with & without the bag.It is better than buying a new tank.
It is pretty nice for the price I got it for.10% military, free shipping & no tax.Again,It is installed more to cover up the dent that was looking at me.;)

The fuel cap comes with 2 gaskets.I asked the seller to send 4 rubber gaskets.4 gaskets were a perfect fit with small tank bag.

Since we are talking has caps. Which one do you guys like better. The clock is perched a bit high as it is sitting on the lock flap which will go away.

Attachments

• C578564D-3D99-4D01-ACF9-A32A3D499539.jpeg
    C578564D-3D99-4D01-ACF9-A32A3D499539.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 969C9B52-EC05-4C42-9EE5-CEB6D7D242E7.jpeg
    969C9B52-EC05-4C42-9EE5-CEB6D7D242E7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 7292F450-DD32-40F5-925C-2CBF30BC4D24.jpeg
    7292F450-DD32-40F5-925C-2CBF30BC4D24.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Welcome. It is not finished, trust me, and it has only just started.

I have been told that owning a yacht is analogous to a chain smoker rolling his f4gs using $100 bills. Owning an R18 is similar, except you are not a chain smoker. Yet.
Yeah I hear you. I say that I am finished but am still thinking of what I can do next....

View attachment 4177View attachment 4178
As some of you know,I have arthritis and the locking cap was a bitch for me to grip.So,I added the new push button cap.
I got this small tank bag and center strip to cover the area where I dropped the locking cap and left a small dent.Pictures with & without the bag.It is better than buying a new tank.
It is pretty nice for the price I got it for.10% military, free shipping & no tax.Again,It is installed more to cover up the dent that was looking at me.;)
I, too, bought the BMW bib & small bag. I put it on and took it off. It is very 'industrial' IMHO.

If that had to happen to me, it would be my cue to paint the R18 another colour or to (perhaps and) get the TC fuel tank. I can, however, imagine the latter will cost a kidney.

Back