IMG_3079.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
Not a problem Tony! ... I find the seating position is just off enough from the OEM seat to make it very comfortable for me :)
Mr Ulrich sir, I owe you big!! The pics you provided for me on the Corbin solo seat influenced me to purchase the seat. I top view showed that it would be proportional to the wide R18 motor but w/o the bags. But I still wasn’t sure until it is mounted on my chopper style R18. It came right before my Christmas motorcycle club party this evening. It looked fantastic🥃👍🏼!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the information sharing in our R18 forum. Since I retired in Sun City HiltonHead South Carolina and gators are common neighbors, I got the alligator leather pattern. I’ll provide pics when I get it out in the sun tomorrow.

Wind screen from Transcontinental, front crash-bars from BMW. Rear crash-bars, back-rest and luggage rack all from Wunderlich. Now need a light solution for the front crash bars.

Attachments

• tempImageMMcMsE.png
    tempImageMMcMsE.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 36
  • tempImageFUzudE.png
    tempImageFUzudE.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 31
  • tempImagevO7AAW.png
    tempImagevO7AAW.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 35
  • tempImageS5KtY2.png
    tempImageS5KtY2.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 36
Well, I cleaned my R18 today.... and tried to explain to the wife how cleaning and polishing the a motorbike is hard work, not like cleaning the house. I also decided, maybe, that it is my favoirite bike of my life.

View attachment 12353

It's a maybe, because as a 21yo this one was quite epic at the time.
View attachment 12354
I just noticed your crash bars on your R18. Is that the two piece BMW Motorrad bars? It’s a challenge to get my bike in and out of my garage. How much wider are the bars compared to the width of the cylinder heads? Does it come in black?

Got the bike back from the shop yesterday evening.

I can not emphasize this enough....the front end of my bike is completely different because of this tire change to Shinko SR999s. I understand my front tire was at the end of its life, but I didn't expect this much of a difference. The "feel" of road and its interactions with the tire just communicated better. Like I had a better understanding of what the tire was doing when I made any movements. Made the old Battlecruise feel like a numb mess with little grip. The compound feels soft to finger touch so here's hoping they last more than 4000mi.

Mr Ulrich sir, I owe you big!! The pics you provided for me on the Corbin solo seat influenced me to purchase the seat. I top view showed that it would be proportional to the wide R18 motor but w/o the bags. But I still wasn’t sure until it is mounted on my chopper style R18. It came right before my Christmas motorcycle club party this evening. It looked fantastic🥃👍🏼!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the information sharing in our R18 forum. Since I retired in Sun City HiltonHead South Carolina and gators are common neighbors, I got the alligator leather pattern. I’ll provide pics when I get it out in the sun tomorrow.
Here are the pictures as promised. The Corbin solo seat serves me well on both form and function. This is Corbin seat!!
Here are the pictures of the Corbin Solo seat as promised. My first Corbin seat was on a Harley Deuce and now on the R18.

I just noticed your crash bars on your R18. Is that the two piece BMW Motorrad bars? It’s a challenge to get my bike in and out of my garage. How much wider are the bars compared to the width of the cylinder heads? Does it come in black?
They are Hornig ones... I wanted stainless steel ones rather then chromed so if it went over "gently" I had some chance of polishing out minor scratches.... https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-R-18/Alu-High-grade-Steel/Stainless-steel-Crashbars.html

Reactions: SPR
Sorry about that. I’ve posted pictures before but it is not cooperating at the moment.
Hopefully these will go through. I was concerned that the Corbin Solo seat would be too wide and out of proportion to the bike but with Mr Ulrich’s support, I decided to order it. It actually accentuates w the wide cylinder heads!!

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 60
Hopefully these will go through. I was concerned that the Corbin Solo seat would be too wide and out of proportion to the bike but with Mr Ulrich’s support, I decided to order it. It actually accentuates w the wide cylinder heads!!
Hi, are those cut down fishtails on your bike, if they are how did you do it and how do they sound compared to the stock ones?

Hi, are those cut down fishtails on your bike, if they are how did you do it and how do they sound compared to the stock ones?
Hey Steven. When I saw photos of the fishtail, I decided that will be the first thing to go! I love the way the rest of it tucks along the sides and curves downward. My downward slash cut also follows the curvature. As to your question on sound improvement, look at the significant difference of rear side by side openings. IMO the swooshing sound is minimized w the larger openings. I have another set of fishtails that I may remove the baffles altogether. But I am satisfied w the current deeper tone and I also heard that it will get louder as the catalytic wears before I decide gut the other set. Let me know if you have questions or concerns. Good luck, Tony

Hey Steven. When I saw photos of the fishtail, I decided that will be the first thing to go! I love the way the rest of it tucks along the sides and curves downward. My downward slash cut also follows the curvature. As to your question on sound improvement, look at the significant difference of rear side by side openings. IMO the swooshing sound is minimized w the larger openings. I have another set of fishtails that I may remove the baffles altogether. But I am satisfied w the current deeper tone and I also heard that it will get louder as the catalytic wears before I decide gut the other set. Let me know if you have questions or concerns. Good luck, Tony

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2685.jpeg
    IMG_2685.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 40
I actually sold my R18B several weeks ago.

My very first post on this forum was to ask what folks thought about using an R18 as one’s only bike. I loved the look of the R18 and appreciated BMW’s bold move to make it.

After commuting, running errands, and pleasure riding on mostly secondary roads with my buddies here in Connecticut (lots of riding in Western Mass and the Hudson Valley in NY) I found the B to be an elegant looking tank.

With some regret, I bit on a deal on a 2023 r1250gs, got some vario side cases, and am now riding much more easily and confidently. U turns and slow speed maneuvers are a piece of cake, commuting in traffic is a breeze, and I’m even getting better gas mileage. The windscreen even works to cut buffeting and helmet noise.

I miss the radar cruise control, heated seat, and aesthetic of the B. If I had unlimited funds, I’d have two bikes, but for how I ride most of the time, the gs is the right bike right now.

Still plan to check this site for R18 news. Happy riding friends!

Back