What's the jacket of choice for your R18?

A few months ago I stumbled onto an amazing jacket from Japan made by an outfit called The Flat Head. Beautiful, beautiful hand-made horsehide black leather jacket. I paid about 15% of retail and have been smiling ever since. It's literally the nicest jacket I can conjure up in my minds-eye and then there it is! I'm gonna put that on, ahhhhhh. The point of this thread isn't to brag about my find, no, it's to stress that I hadn't even KNOWN about it prior to finding it online and then doing some research. There's others out there I'm sure.

So, R18 owners...we have folks here from around the globe: France, Thailand, California, South Africa, Poland, Pennsylvania, etc. What are you wearing? What niché leather boutique can you shine a light on and maybe inspire someone else to make an investment? Or if jackets is too narrow a topic, what gloves or pants or boots are you wearing? Any specific do's or don'ts?

Here's the jacket

View attachment 1059

it smells so good. holy freakin' shit.
Where did you get it for 15% of the price if you don't mind me asking? I am looking for a leather jacket for the upcoming season.

Also, if anyone can shed some words on the BMW Pure Boxer jacket then that would be great.

I've been wearing a Belstaff Cheetham for the last year or so .... lovely leather and I've got the ghost armour in it .....

For winter over my heated jacket I've got the Belstaff Mcgee wax cotton

I tend to wait till gear is on sale being a previous year etc :)
cheetham_jacket_black_41021024l81n072490000_02.jpg

belstaff-mcgee_waxed_nylon_cotton_black_brown_90023-2-m-0855201-xlarge.jpg

I've been wearing a Belstaff Cheetham for the last year or so .... lovely leather and I've got the ghost armour in it .....

For winter over my heated jacket I've got the Belstaff Mcgee wax cotton

I tend to wait till gear is on sale being a previous year etc :)
View attachment 12057

View attachment 12058
A very nice choice.
I have the BMW Pure horsehide jacket in summer and the Merlin Waxed Cotton jacket in brown during the inclement months. Both over my Macna heated jacket. I also have a brown BMW summer jacket (name escapes me) for really hot days.

Reactions: SPR
Where did you get it for 15% of the price if you don't mind me asking? I am looking for a leather jacket for the upcoming season.

Also, if anyone can shed some words on the BMW Pure Boxer jacket then that would be great.
Your post is about 8 months old now, but I’m here to help!

Just got the Pureboxer yesterday. It is beautiful, heavy, thick, and smells great. It seems to run about a size smaller than tag. I’m a small in all my other leathers from a few different brands. Had to grab a medium in the Pureboxer.

It’s got a quilted vest that buttons in for insulation. No vents anywhere at all, so it’s not gonna be great once it’s warm/hot. But I’ve got perforated jackets for that.

Comes with two alternate roundels for the sleeve. Ships with a weathered bronze one attached, but includes a standard color one and then a black leather one. Also has a little leather piece that buttons over the top of the zipper. You can take it off if you don’t like it.

It’s horsehide, so the sticker price is big, but bmw accessories and gear are 25% off right now so I had to jump on it.

Your post is about 8 months old now, but I’m here to help!

Just got the Pureboxer yesterday. It is beautiful, heavy, thick, and smells great. It seems to run about a size smaller than tag. I’m a small in all my other leathers from a few different brands. Had to grab a medium in the Pureboxer.

It’s got a quilted vest that buttons in for insulation. No vents anywhere at all, so it’s not gonna be great once it’s warm/hot. But I’ve got perforated jackets for that.

Comes with two alternate roundels for the sleeve. Ships with a weathered bronze one attached, but includes a standard color one and then a black leather one. Also has a little leather piece that buttons over the top of the zipper. You can take it off if you don’t like it.

It’s horsehide, so the sticker price is big, but bmw accessories and gear are 25% off right now so I had to jump on it.
I have been wanting this jacket for a little while. I cannot find it in the UK apart from one which is a small size. The rest comes from mainland Europe but it would not be that economic after you add the postage and VAT added in the UK.
Will pay a visit to the dealer when I am better and see if I can order one there and then. To be honest I would like to try it before I buy it 😉

I have been wanting this jacket for a little while. I cannot find it in the UK apart from one which is a small size. The rest comes from mainland Europe but it would not be that economic after you add the postage and VAT added in the UK.
Will pay a visit to the dealer when I am better and see if I can order one there and then. To be honest I would like to try it before I buy it 😉
Yes, def try before you buy. I’d have ordered a small and it would have been way too small for me.

My dealer was able to order in a couple sizes and let me try on with no commitment. Maybe yours can do the same?

Yes, def try before you buy. I’d have ordered a small and it would have been way too small for me.

My dealer was able to order in a couple sizes and let me try on with no commitment. Maybe yours can do the same?
Cheers for that. Will pop in to the dealership on Saturday.👍👍

Street & Steel Independence
Excellent finish, nice 1.1mm thick cowhide.
Perforated leather vents pretty darn well (I live in Florida)

IMG_5137.jpeg

Here‘s My cold weather combo - inner coat is EMS down, the type that can fit in your pocket when balled up. Outer coat is a heavy generic biker jacket from nowhere Pakistan. Purchased in a thrift shop a decade ago for twenty bucks. This combo got me from seacoast NH to Brattleboro Vermont a couple weekends ago, round trip same day, at 33-38 degrees Fahrenheit. Base layer was a poly cold weather running shirt, long sleeve. Yes, I’m in a hotel this week, not my house…IMG_0093.jpeg

Back