BMW (Mustang) Seat options breakdown

I'm leaning towards getting a Day Rider seat. Can you confirm, and anyone else, that it in fact pushes you closer to the bars than the stock R18 Classic stock seat? How about seat height. Is it lower?
Thanks!
Only limited use as yet however, I feel I may be perched that fraction closer to the handlebars. Definitely not a major shift though. Height wise, not noticed much difference to that of my stock 'Classic' seat. I am 1.78 high or 5' 9" imperial.

Hi! I am looking both for an higher and more confortable seat for my R18 FE. According to you, what is the best compromise between the weekender and the high seat from BMW? Thank you.
I love the weekender. Much more comfortable than the stock “high” seat from my Classic. The key is it is wider, so there is more support. I think it is a nice compromise for looking good on the bike and comfort. The cross country might be more comfortable, but I like being able to remove the pillion and the appearance of the weekender over the CC on the bike.

I love the weekender. Much more comfortable than the stock “high” seat from my Classic. The key is it is wider, so there is more support. I think it is a nice compromise for looking good on the bike and comfort. The cross country might be more comfortable, but I like being able to remove the pillion and the appearance of the weekender over the CC on the bike.
Are the Weekender and Day Tripper similar in looks?
Is the weekender similar to the DayTripper?

Attachments

• 3C93BC6A-B6EE-46ED-9FA6-99EFF8579E48.jpeg
    3C93BC6A-B6EE-46ED-9FA6-99EFF8579E48.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Are the Weekender and Day Tripper similar in looks?

Is the weekender similar to the DayTripper?
They are similar. The main difference is in the width. The Weekender is wider than the Day Rider and thus has more support. I believe the pillion is also a bit higher, but I don’t use the pillion, so it’s still in the wrapper.

I hear words like "cross-country" and "weekender" but because I have a TC I'm out of luck. Submitted an order to Russel Day-Long for a backrest and a pocket comfy seat. Russell is so popular I have to wait all Season-Long to get the Day-Long.

I hear words like "cross-country" and "weekender" but because I have a TC I'm out of luck. Submitted an order to Russel Day-Long for a backrest and a pocket comfy seat. Russell is so popular I have to wait all Season-Long to get the Day-Long.
The stock seat on the B & TC fairing models is much better than the torture plank on the cruiser models. If I had gotten a fairing bike, I likely would have stuck with the stock seat as I found it perhaps better than the aftermarket seats for the cruisers.

But the seat on the cruiser models was one where I knew I needed to replace it and ordered the Weekender before I even took delivery of the bike. My other bikes mostly have stock seats and even when I did replace them it was after 8 years on the stock seat.

LOL…..torture plank. Excellent word pic. Reminds me of the Sag-o-Pedic version.

worth it. I've had a lot of Russel seats. Hideously ugly but the best seat ever. GO for heated and real leather :)

Hi! I finally bought the Day Rider. Very nice looking, it also seems more comfy (but I just did few miles) but not as I was expecting, because a little bit rigid. Looking to test with a nice, long ride. :)

Hi! I finally bought the Day Rider. Very nice looking, it also seems more comfy (but I just did few miles) but not as I was expecting, because a little bit rigid. Looking to test with a nice, long ride. :)
Not put a great many miles on mine either as yet but definitely superior to original.

I am in the same camp. It's nice looking, a bit wider, and is firmer than I expected as well. The longest I've ridden it is about 3 hours, which is a fairly long ride for me, and it was comfortable enough, though I would have preferred a bit cushier. I should note - I have noassatall, the gluteus maximus physiological disorder normally requiring softer foam.

I am in the same camp. It's nice looking, a bit wider, and is firmer than I expected as well. The longest I've ridden it is about 3 hours, which is a fairly long ride for me, and it was comfortable enough, though I would have preferred a bit cushier. I should note - I have noassatall, the gluteus maximus physiological disorder normally requiring softer foam.
Might want to try putting an Airhawk pad on your saddle?

image.jpgI haven’t seen a shot of the Vintage Fastback seat yet. It is fairly firm with a pronounced arch for your back. The length allows movement forward and back to adjust position fairly easily. It only has about 300 miles on it so it is certainly not broken in yet. I have a bad back from a car accident so the jury is out for as to seat comfort. I find myself moving around after 30 minutes to stretch out my back. I haven’t measured the height but I am 5’6” with a 30” inseam and I can flat foot the bike without shoes on.

A side shot is HERE.

Last edited:
View attachment 5762I haven’t seen a shot of the Vintage Fastback seat yet. It is fairly firm with a pronounced arch for your back. The length allows movement forward and back to adjust position fairly easily. It only has about 300 miles on it so it is certainly not broken in yet. I have a bad back from a car accident so the jury is out for as to seat comfort. I find myself moving around after 30 minutes to stretch out my back. I haven’t measured the height but I am 5’6” with a 30” inseam and I can flat foot the bike without shoes on.

A side shot is HERE.

Damn, that looks nice.

How do you find the height compared to the stock seat?

Oops. Looks like it is a Roland Sands seat not Mustang. Sorry “bout that.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong about being wrong. It is a RSD seat BUT it was made by Mustang.

69E5327D-10F2-4DED-A956-5F911471DAEA.jpeg

Last edited:
Mustang confirmed the Fastback Seat is marine grade vinyl. It looks like leather. They did a nice job.

(As an aside, Mustang got back to me with an answer in a couple of hours. RSD still hasn’t contacted me)

Back