BMW (Mustang) Seat options breakdown

All very interesting choices. I have a tough butt from 40 years of riding. I am un believably comfy on the stock seat... and I hate stock seats. It is OK... not good but OK. Much like the peg position which I believed would make the bike impossible for me to purchase, I was surprised.
I have used Alaska leather sheepskins my whole life for long rides. They work. If you don’t want to muck with the aesthetics it is a good option. I have purchased mustang seats before for other cruisers. Everything they make is good and a big step up from any stock seat.

I installed the Weekender about two weeks ago. Since then I have done two fairly long rides. 229 miles and 180 miles. A world of difference. I also like that the pillion is optional.

At this point I am leaning towards the Weekender. I looked at the overhang on both sides of the Crosscountry pillion which honestly I didn’t favor. I like the lines of the original seat but damn it hurts (me). Of course if I were miserable on the Weekender and great on the Crosscountry I’d live with the pillion. So far it sounds like the Weekender should do what I need. I’m not hearing any strong feelings that the Crosscountry is light years ahead in comfort over the Weekender or much taller though I think it’s probably a little of both. If I were going on long trips and had a frequent passenger I’d probably get the Crosscountry. Thanks for your help!

I have no experience with the Mustang seats available for the R18 BUT I have owned 8 Mustang seats over the years and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been excellent. But that said, Corbin is still my preference. The one on my R18 is the 5th Corbin seat I've owned. Corbin's quality, long term resiliency and long distance comfort provide a slight edge over Mustang for my riding tastes - in spite of Corbin's arrogant customer service. They make a good seat, they know it and act like it, which can be irritating...but I keep going back because I like their product. The foam is not "cushy". It is quite firm and when you throw a leg over it the first time you think "I screwed up, I'm gonna hate this seat." But you soon learn that the firm foam is actually quite comfortable. It supports you extremely well and it doesn't settle in over a long day in the saddle. I've never felt "seat fatigue" or any seat related discomfort on any Corbin that I've owned. Plus, to my eye they simply look better and seem to follow the lines of the bike better than Mustang.

I installed Day Rider seat and it feels slightly lower than stock classic seat. It also pushes you closer the the bars.
I am not sure if it is more comfortable. it feels as I am getting a bit more turbulence from the windshield, could just be my imagination.

Are the Mustang seats leather or vinyl? I thought that they were in leather but in the FAQs on Mustang site, they explicitly mention that none of their seats are leather. And that, they use vinyl as the material as it is weather proof.

Are the Mustang seats leather or vinyl? I thought that they were in leather but in the FAQs on Mustang site, they explicitly mention that none of their seats are leather. And that, they use vinyl as the material as it is weather proof.
Vinyl

Finally, installed and tested the Weekender Mustang Seat. I had pass from the Stock seat to the Cross-country, again the Stock and now the Weekender. The Cross is, by far, the most comfortable and taller seat. Its tall makes even difference (for better) in the driving position, but for me (and for the beauty or our bike) is ugly because of the pillion. That is why I decided to go for the Weekender (also ugly pillion but removable) and use it as a "solo" seat. Tested for 300km, the Weekender approved the "comfort test" but is not the Cross "without the pillion". There are simnifically differences between both, specially in the height of the driving position. But, balancing Beauty versus little bit less comfort, I prefer the beauty of the overall bike with the Weekender.

Another thing: bought the rider back rest and... is hard to use it, I can't get used to it. Is like if it moves you to the front and... with the (un)existent space for the legs because of the cilinders, I would not recommend it.

Consider I am 180cm (6 feet) tall.

PS: My next modification (probably) will be the Wunderlich Handlebar Riser. Not so sure because is only 25mm (1 inch) taller, but who knows, trying to find reviews about how really improves the driving position...

I have one. Also bought the brown matching rider backrest. The backrest is angle adjustable and also height adjustable. I bought it to use for longer rides only. I like the brown because I think it gives it more of a vintage look to the bike, but thats just my opinion. Black looks good too. I can take some pictures if somebody wants
Please post pics!

I have one. Also bought the brown matching rider backrest. The backrest is angle adjustable and also height adjustable. I bought it to use for longer rides only. I like the brown because I think it gives it more of a vintage look to the bike, but thats just my opinion. Black looks good too. I can take some pictures if somebody wants
Longshot sorry to bother but where did you buy the backrest? in BMW they dont show the adjustable backrest like in your picture? I have same seat in black and looking for backrest?

OK, I took a long shot but and order at
https://www.jpcycles.com/ They have the mustang Backrest that looks (in black) very similar to Longshots picture. It says is for Harleys. They had in stock. Will let you know if fits my Mustang Day Rider Seat.

Mustang Vintage Removeable Driver Backrest​

$233.99
162-135_B_V1.jpg

162-135_C_V1.jpg

1643751409399.png

Back