Cost of first service

That would depend on where you live as some areas have considerably higher shop hourly rates and if you had “extra” items serviced such as replacing the transmission fluid which is more labor and $$$ fluid.

Actual cost of maintenance was $384.
I picked up some spray wax and a set of gloves as well. Sorry for the confusion…
This was for the first break-in service or first 6,000 service? It appears to be the break-in so I was wondering what was the additional labor charge for? I don't know what Charlotte charges per hour, but looking at parts used they didn't change final drive nor transmission, etc., so there are a bunch of items on the service "check list" that can be done while oil is draining and that additional time charged seems high to me?

Service performed included: 600 mile run in service, final drive maintenance which included the change of drive fluid, engine oil and filter change...

In my country, stolen 150 dollars
My Last new BMW I had serviced at the dealer for the first break-in service... I cannot recall the total fee but somewhere close to 500 dollars. I was very upset when I was looking at the bill. They had charged me a service fee of 174.00 dollars hazardous waste disposal for the engine oil and filter. I questioned the other dealer in my area and he said we do not charge for waste disposal as we have folks who pickup our waste oil and pay us for it !! Needless to say I will be shopping for service at the other dealer, and mostly doing my own service on my new R18...

I’ve been quoted £198 at the supplying dealer for mine (Vines Guildford) Going in next Thursday (12th) so will update if it’s anything more

I just called my local shop and they want $380 plus tax for my 600 mile service. Any recommendations of another shop in the Tampa Bay Area? The price seems really aggressive to me.

I just called my local shop and they want $380 plus tax for my 600 mile service. Any recommendations of another shop in the Tampa Bay Area? The price seems really aggressive to me.
That's exactly what mine came in at too, though including tax. Fluids & oil filter used at first service are about $135 by themselves. Add in labor & shop supplies & it's pretty easy to get up there. I can't see labor being less than about 2 hours for a first service,

This was for the first break-in service or first 6,000 service? It appears to be the break-in so I was wondering what was the additional labor charge for? I don't know what Charlotte charges per hour, but looking at parts used they didn't change final drive nor transmission, etc., so there are a bunch of items on the service "check list" that can be done while oil is draining and that additional time charged seems high to me?
I called Charlotte to get a quote a few weeks back and they quoted me at $660. Greer, SC it was $307.

How many miles before the warning comes on and how long after it comes on before we need the service ??? jp
First service is due at 600 miles. Generally, follow up maintenance is both time & mileage based. Typically alerts come on within ~700 miles or 1 month. First service is less than the alert interval, so you may get it within about 100 miles. Probably just easier to look at odometer and gauge how many miles/day you are averaging to book the service.

I did the first 600 miles in my first week with the bike, so can't say I remember the alerts as I'd booked the service when bike was delivered with every intention of getting past break in quickly.

First service is due at 600 miles. Generally, follow up maintenance is both time & mileage based. Typically alerts come on within ~700 miles or 1 month. First service is less than the alert interval, so you may get it within about 100 miles. Probably just easier to look at odometer and gauge how many miles/day you are averaging to book the service.

I did the first 600 miles in my first week with the bike, so can't say I remember the alerts as I'd booked the service when bike was delivered with every intention of getting past break in quickly.
Thank you so much.... jp

Back