Floor board options ??

The Alibaba seller updated his listing to show how their floorboards look like mounted on the R18.

Just want dto post these also for anyone, The price went up on their listing but it now includes a shifter lever with the floor boards, ..... I assume the shifter Lever is longer ( ??) to give more room possibly ?

now $350 for the floor boards and lever.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 3.02.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 3.02.39 PM.png

Thank you so much !! These are a great affordable option, and I assume NO need to change the brake and shifter levers.
Not sure. I have the Classic. You likely would want the heel shifter with the board, as toe upshift with a board is harder. The part number from the fiche for the toe shifter part is different for with boards or pegs. There is a different brake pedal for use with the boards that is more of a pedal that a peg. Whether that is design only or there is a length difference as well that would prevent using the shifter & brake pedal from a bike that didn’t come with boards from the factory, I’m not sure.

You may also need a different kickstand as it needs to clear the board and there are different part numbers on the fiche for with pegs or boards too.

Clearly BMW intends different parts for with board or pegs, but whether that is an aesthetic issue or a clearance one isn’t clear from the fiche.

Glad that nielsm and VARG (along with others here on this thread) mentioned the kickstand and other details about floor board install on a footpeg equipped R18 . I did not know that detail. Thank you for saving me the headache thinking this was a simple swap of "pegs to boards".

Unfortunately the parts all add up to around $1100 USD with everything , NOT including labor. OUCH

The AliExpress boards are nice but like everything on AliExpress, its a rolll of the dice if it works out and it fits and works properly, ...or you just lost your money paid.

After much consideration and the GREAT HELPFUL input of others here on this forum that are more knowledgeable and experienced, I think I will just bite the bullet ( due to high cost) and get the wunderlich pegs. They lower 3/4 of an inch, which helps me since I am tall, and they give my size 13 shoe more room to reach the shifter and bark levers, with some sort of "floor board" feel and adjustable movement of the placement of my feet while riding. .

I put the Wunderlich lowered footpegs on my FE, interchangeable with the original round pegs. I really do like them, my foot positions tend to be flatter, toe shifting is excellent, lower is really nice, and I've not dragged them yet over last couple thousand miles. I left the shifter where it was set. My Wunderlich pegs came with some nice white paste grease and 2 new snap-ring circlips. And they are very fine components, fit and finish is top shelf.

I put the Wunderlich lowered footpegs on my FE, interchangeable with the original round pegs. I really do like them, my foot positions tend to be flatter, toe shifting is excellent, lower is really nice, and I've not dragged them yet over last couple thousand miles. I left the shifter where it was set. My Wunderlich pegs came with some nice white paste grease and 2 new snap-ring circlips. And they are very fine components, fit and finish is top shelf.
Do you have a picture? I am curious if they give further position forward for my feet, which is what I'm looking for

I have to say that BMW is really lacking (sucks big time) in the accessory and parts department as compared to Harley. Aside that the Harley accessory book catalog is about two inches tick with parts, the problem I find with BMW is that they do not specify enough about additional parts needed for the main part you may want changed.

I did not initially know that the kick stand and floorboard mounting supports were parts that were also needed to be changed when switching from pegs to floor boards due to clearance issues. I only found out from this forum, ....thank goodness to the members here who helped so much !!

When you buy Harley accessories, Harley is real good about telling you what other parts you need to buy to complete an install of an accessory.

on another point.....

I would hate to buy the BMW $2500 billet accessory floor boards only to not like their ergonomics after buying them and trying them out.

I would also hate to spend the $1300 for the BMW OEM floor boards also to find out I don't like the ergonomics, ......which luckily I tested out at the dealer on a showroom classic bike and found out my feet are too big for shifting and I hate the ego and feel. What if I did not have access to a Bmw classic ? yikes

And I still am debating the Wunderlich peg only because of the cost. yikes ... $500 spent and what if I don't like the egos or feel.

Last edited:
on another point.....

I would hate to buy the BMW $2500 billet accessory floor boards only to not like their ergonomics after buying them and trying them out.

I would also hate to spend the $1300 for the BMW OEM floor boards also to find out I don't like the ergonomics, ......which luckily I tested out at the dealer on a showroom classic bike and found out my feet are too big for shifting and I hate the ego and feel. What if I did not have access to a Bmw classic ? yikes

And I still am debating the Wunderlich peg only because of the cost. yikes ... $500 spent and what if I don't like the egos or feel.
and then you offer it here for $300 and move on. 👍

This may help you get down to the details of what will work best. I tried the inverse.. changing floorboards to 2021 round footpegs on a 2022 TC was workable but was what I'd consider a class b solution, speaking with Adam at CycleWerks in Barrington IL got me on track to the 2022 R18 B footpegs.

They have a website, with contact info, and are also active on ebay. He was able to confirm what I'd discovered compatibility-wise, and was able to help me identify and order all the specific parts I needed. I think he would be likely to be able to offer advice and a viable solution, if there is one.

some links to some of my observations... hope this helps.

changed round footpegs for wunderlich on the 2021 R18
https://www.r18forums.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-r18c-today.794/#post-12135

changed floorboards for R18 B flat-top footpegs on the 2022 R18 TC
https://www.r18forums.com/threads/installing-foot-pegs-on-a-classic-with-floorboards.511/#post-9385

exploded views showing floorboards, round footpegs, and flat-top footpegs, with mounts and
https://www.r18forums.com/threads/floorboard-extensions.880/#post-13405

Back