Look for 1st edition welcome box

My salesman didn't know anything about any sort of First Edition kit. I got a little nervous as he phoned around looking into it. The parts department had the box. They didn't know what was in it or anything, just that it went with my bike.

The book is great and the emblems are nice. The rest is meh, like Gerard says.

Have we confirmed from any Classic owners that received the box?

I agree with the keep the box and give me the cruise instead statement. Someday if bmw ever catches up with the accessories for this thing I hope they offer a cruise control that I can add plug and play like the classics have

Sounds like it depends on the dealer. I didn't actually get mine when I bought the bike. The dealer called a day later and said that they "had something for me". Even though I called it "meh", the book is actually nice and having the option to change out the emblems is cool too.

Mine was missing the cap. I should have asked the dealer for it. But I wasn’t really into putting more crap in my house that’s gonna just sit on a shelf.

Only the very first 'First Edition' owners were intended to receive the Welcome Box and a custom open-face helmet. That would have been, for example, the first 36-off sold in South Africa. Only, I do not think BMW has managed to sell ten yet in SA. So, if you received a Welcome Box with a recent purchase, that would be a good indicator of how few of them BMW USA (or wherever) has managed to move to date. And that you have an honest dealer (-: I received the helmet as well.

1623647225475.png

Last edited:
Same here in the US. No helmet. Well, I didn't get one. Unless it was a full-face Arai, Shoei, or AGV, I wouldn't wear it anyways had I received one.
When my R18 came in, I thought that it was too late to get the First Edition box and, in fact, I was expecting that the bike wouldn't even be called a "First Edition". It was and they gave the FE box it to me the same day I picked up the bike. No helmet though.

When my R18 came in, I thought that it was too late to get the First Edition box and, in fact, I was expecting that the bike wouldn't even be called a "First Edition". It was and they gave the FE box it to me the same day I picked up the bike. No helmet though.
No Hemet but the box.
I like the BMW book and copper badges

I think that the BMW book is the best part of the box. The copper badges are cool, but I just don't think that the copper color would look "at home" on a bike that has nothing else with copper coloring.

I prefer to have a cruise control on my FE. We paid premium and I waited for 6 months also we supposed to have that and that's the reason they called it BMW R18 Cruiser. And those who purchased a Classic version got $1,000 credit that's not fair.

I prefer to have a cruise control on my FE. We paid premium and I waited for 6 months also we supposed to have that and that's the reason they called it BMW R18 Cruiser. And those who purchased a Classic version got $1,000 credit that's not fair.
A cruiser motorcycle got is nickname from cruising around town and to the local drive in/bar on Saturday night.
You are confusing cruiser with touring.

Cruising:

verb (used with object), cruised, cruis·ing.​

to cruise in (a specified area): patrol cars cruising the neighborhood; to cruise the Caribbean.
Informal.
  1. to move slowly through or visit (a street, park, bar, etc.) in search of a sexual partner.
  2. to make sexual overtures to; attempt to arouse the sexual interest of.

I was told that the credit was because floorboards weren't available on the Classic....and the credit was only $500 for me. I didn't want the floorboards anyway...and I could count on one hand the number of times that I have engaged cruise control on the R18 in 2000 miles and two months of riding.

Back