Look for 1st edition welcome box

BTW, has anyone tried to swap in those copper badges? You need a Torx 20 head which is not the Torx sizes that come with the bike. Also, I took the screws off on the right side badge, but couldn't figure out how to extract the badge off the bike without damaging the side of the tank. It's a really snug fit and you would need to use something strong but non-metal. For my next attempt, I was going to try a credit card.
Old post, I know, but I’ve just picked up a FE with the box and tank / engine badges and have the same challenge as Dane - I can’t figure out if the original badges are glued on or stuck on. How have those who have swapped the originals for the copper badges managed to get the original off without causing any damage? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I have the first edition box, the book, the white gloves, the traditional blue badges (2 of them) if anyone needs them. I kept the belt, I lost the hat, and I'm using the copper badges on my bike.

I did get the box at the dealership and when I got home, and opened it up, the only things I had found in there were the white gloves and a copper coloured condom with a thousand BMW roundels printed on it.
It must be some esoteric knowledge involved here because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to make use of these things.
I didn't get any manual to go with it. I guess I will have to call BMW of North America to discuss this matter further with them.

When purchasing my used R18 First Edition, I asked the dealer if it would be possible to get a welcome pack. They said leave it with me.
A week after collecting my bike the welcome pack arrived.
Well done BMW Motorrad Belfast.
Superb Customer Experience !!
The BMW book is brilliant and the bike is pretty good too.

I purchased a used bike from a dealer as a trade in with only 22 miles. However the original owner never turned in the welcome box for the first edition.
If anyone wants to sell theirs I’m interested.

i have one & Im selling it.......................for a VERY Good Amount of $.

Attachments

• 2021-FE box.jpg
    2021-FE box.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 17
I did not receive the welcome kit with my first edition classic. Was the dealer suppose to deliver that or would I get one from bmw in mail? Anyone know?
Welcome kits came with each bike and we're specific to the VIN numbers. I got mine from the dealer with the bike.

Old post, I know, but I’ve just picked up a FE with the box and tank / engine badges and have the same challenge as Dane - I can’t figure out if the original badges are glued on or stuck on. How have those who have swapped the originals for the copper badges managed to get the original off without causing any damage? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
I mounted my copper badges on top of the original badges; I did this for all three..

Back