Price check on aisle 5

Stopped by my local BMW dealership in Los Angeles, CA USA... and the prices have gone up quite a bit on R18 from last month. Not sure if this is something that just started here in June or is happening in other places. Still deals but just not quite as low About 2K difference. I think the prices will go up as these bike become more popular. In contrast my local Harley dealership has all the new Harleys marked up 2K-5K mark ups on the new Sportster models which is the other bike I considered at this time. I totally feel good about my choice to get in on the deal.

Stopped by my local BMW dealership in Los Angeles, CA USA... and the prices have gone up quite a bit on R18 from last month. Not sure if this is something that just started here in June or is happening in other places. Still deals but just not quite as low About 2K difference. I think the prices will go up as these bike become more popular. In contrast my local Harley dealership has all the new Harleys marked up 2K-5K mark ups on the new Sportster models which is the other bike I considered at this time. I totally feel good about my choice to get in on the deal.
I'm sorry to say HDs are greatly overpriced both new and used. While I'm still a fan, I'm just not going to fall into the money pit that has become HD. What are R18 owners really giving up? Forward controls and an extensive HD network.

I'm sorry to say HDs are greatly overpriced both new and used. While I'm still a fan, I'm just not going to fall into the money pit that has become HD. What are R18 owners really giving up? Forward controls and an extensive HD network.

I have had just a couple of motorcycles in my life...1st was a Ninja ZX-6r, Alot later Yamaha WR250R.... And a few years later this R18 caught my radar in a big way.... Before I never thought about getting HD or any type of "Heritage" bike. I thought the WR250R would be my last bike.

The R18 really opened up a whole new perspective/angle on motor cycles. I really thought about getting the 2022 HD Sportster S or the Nightster because of my interest in the R18.

The best prices/deals I could find were not deals at all on the HD Sportster S or the Nightster, they were a few thousand over MSRP with extra build fees ect +markup... and they were not even in stock so I would have had to pay premium price and then wait for it to arrive.

So I went back and forth... and took my time from April through May to make my choice on the R18. I have no experience with HD so I don't really know what I could have missed.

I'm totally enjoying the R18 1st Edition I got. I don't think I would have bought it if the deal wasn't so good. I saw the R18 before production at a BMW shop at local mall on display and I took photos of it and was totally impressed by it..... At that time I thought such a motor cycle would probably be at least in the $30,000 range and I just admired it but never thought I would be riding one almost 2 years later.

Now that I have it everything feels right when I'm riding. I have no regrets at this point. My check engine service light did just turn on for the 600 mile service so I will have to go to the dealership for that service but it will be ok. To me the R18 is full of retro style and luxury with a ton of masculinity.

I'm not aware if I am missing anything from another bike I have never experienced but the R18 is my favorite bike at this point in time and I enjoy riding it.

Last edited:
View attachment 4593

Here is a picture of my bike (still at the dealer) with the weekender saddle and rider backrest set up as a solo mount. My wife rides two up on my 1250GSA, so the R18C will be in this guise most often.

Hi buddy, I just installed my weekender rider's seat and cannot relate if i did it right. Because there was a gap between the bracket on the seat and the fender I used the spacer or bushing in between, on top of that the silver metal accent used by BMW at the end of the passenger seat so I also could use the large bolt provided. The thing is, the silver metal is not seating close to the fender, 'cause the spacer and it looks kind of weird, like floating. Is this how you attached your seat to the fender?

IMG_4558.jpegIMG_4560.jpeg

Hi buddy, I just installed my weekender rider's seat and cannot relate if i did it right. Because there was a gap between the bracket on the seat and the fender I used the spacer or bushing in between, on top of that the silver metal accent used by BMW at the end of the passenger seat so I also could use the large bolt provided. The thing is, the silver metal is not seating close to the fender, 'cause the spacer and it looks kind of weird, like floating. Is this how you attached your seat to the fender?

View attachment 5575View attachment 5576
Hi Fernando. The dealership installed the seat before I picked it up. I can take a picture of my seat for you so you can see if it looks the same.

These R18B and R18TC price incentives are great for us boxer riders. LG

Anyone have thoughts on a 2022 Demo price? I've seen a few dealers offering $2K off for financing @.9% plus $2K demo discount for a total of $4K off max.

Anything better out there? That above $28K / $20K looks amazing, but is that possible on a 2022 TC these days?

Anyone have thoughts on a 2022 Demo price? I've seen a few dealers offering $2K off for financing @.9% plus $2K demo discount for a total of $4K off max.

Anything better out there? That above $28K / $20K looks amazing, but is that possible on a 2022 TC these days
Good question. I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything near that price, even from the dealer Ive been buying from for years. Would love to some direction if anyone knows where we can find that pricing.

Try Cycle Werks of Barrington IL. They have some great price incentives.

Yessir, That's my plan at a minimum. Thanks!
The 0.9% financing should be available unless you're buying used or perhaps a left over...? I bought a Model B at 0.9% for 60 months, -$2k incentive plus another $2.5k off (OTD $21.5k). Looks like the BMW offers are until midnight tonight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-182145.png
    Screenshot_20220831-182145.png
    706.7 KB · Views: 0
Back