Price check on aisle 5

I am seeing remarkable price incentives at most BMW dealers. My Transcontinental was dangling out there with a price that said, "You cant resist me!" It must be true that men cannot resist her cause I bought one about 10 days ago.

Those must not be selling well either, as we are just entering summer and they are giving them away. That is a lot of bike for that amount of money. A Harley StreetGlide Special doesn't have nearly the same equipment and the dealers can’t keep them in stock at $10,000 more
Im not sure how the sales are going but to get units on the street, they've "demo" discounted some of these models in the US market. It's a pretty common tactic to get visibility in a new market. Ive not been on a ride yet (when stopping for gas) that someone asks about the bike. The contractor who did some work for us saw it in the garage and flipped out. He's a hard core HD guy but told me he was going to get one of these for the garage.

I can almost guarantee our overseas compadres are not getting much off MSRP other than BMW incentives.

Thank you. I'm shopping 2 dealers. One has told me that both offers aren't stackable. No answer from the other yet. I'll keep asking for clarification.
Think of them as 2 different elements of the deal. The $3000 is a discount on the purchase price of the bike. If you opt for financing, you can get 6 months of payments paid by BMW.

Let’s assume no further dealer discount on the bike & it is $22K sticker. Your net invoice price would be $19K. If you do the financing you won’t have to pay for 6 months of payments. If we assume your payments are $330/month that’s another $2000 you don’t have to pay, making your net price (not including tax, title or fees) ~ $17K.

It’s not really a rebate, rather a generous finance offer. You would still pay sales tax on the $19K and that would be what is owed on the loan. It’s just the first 6 months BMW covers the payments. If you did a large down payment, the amount financed would be lower as would the payments, so the savings wouldn’t be as large. You’ll still want to consider what you pay in interest & see if that works out better for you.

Think of them as 2 different elements of the deal. The $3000 is a discount on the purchase price of the bike. If you opt for financing, you can get 6 months of payments paid by BMW.

Let’s assume no further dealer discount on the bike & it is $22K sticker. Your net invoice price would be $19K. If you do the financing you won’t have to pay for 6 months of payments. If we assume your payments are $330/month that’s another $2000 you don’t have to pay, making your net price (not including tax, title or fees) ~ $17K.

It’s not really a rebate, rather a generous finance offer. You would still pay sales tax on the $19K and that would be what is owed on the loan. It’s just the first 6 months BMW covers the payments. If you did a large down payment, the amount financed would be lower as would the payments, so the savings wouldn’t be as large. You’ll still want to consider what you pay in interest & see if that works out better for you.
And there is a monthly cap of (approx) $333/mo BMW will pay over those 6 months or $1998.00
These are simple interest loans through BMW financing. Take all the incentives, then pay as you want. Lump sum payoff or finance monthly at .09%. Its a win/win.

I was just at a dealer today. Arrived at a $1600 discount from them. I was then told that I was only eligible for one of the two offers & they could not be combined. I asked if they were sure. They called another dealer to check. That dealer agreed with them. I insisted that they contact BMW and told them I'd only take the bike if both offers apply. They will get back to me on Tuesday. I am amazed that these incentives exist that will help them move product and they do not know the details!

Don't forget to check for corporate incentives or BMW MOA / CCA members get $500 off as well. You cannot combine a corporate & CCA offer. So I just stick with $500 off and usually bring that up toward the end.

I'm working with a dealer on this deal:
MSRP - $23515
Dealer published price - $15999
+ $700 in tax and fees

-$500 for MOA Discount
-$500 (redemption of my BMW Credit card points)
-$2000 in post-sale financing benefits (2021 finance deal)
and .9% interest

= $13,699 price

I'd be financing 15699 (pre financing perk of $2000) so if I took the loan to term (60 months), I'd pay $361 in interest. I'm also choosing to pay the $700 in tax & fees up front so I'd have a little less interest.

I think I'm going to take that deal before someone else finds it.

Last edited:
Don't forget to check for corporate incentives or BMW MOA / CCA members get $500 off as well. You cannot combine a corporate & CCA offer. So I just stick with $500 off and usually bring that up toward the end.

I'm working with a dealer on this deal:
MSRP - $23515
Dealer published price - $15999
+ $700 in tax and fees

-$500 for MOA Discount
-$500 (redemption of my BMW Credit card points)
-$2000 in post-sale financing benefits (2021 finance deal)
and .9% interest

= $13,699 price

I'd be financing 15699 (pre financing perk of $2000) so if I took the loan to term (60 months), I'd pay $361 in interest. I'm also choosing to pay the $700 in tax & fees up front so I'd have a little less interest.

I think I'm going to take that deal before someone else finds it.
Welcome Mr Chandler. You have shown GREAT patience. I recall many of your posts from a year ago on adv.

I have since scrubbed most of my posts from ADV since 2007, the mods and commercialization killed that site for me.

I think you will enjoy this forum. Oh, and pics are required for such a detailed post. Lol.

Welcome Mr Chandler. You have shown GREAT patience. I recall many of your posts from a year ago on adv.

I have since scrubbed most of my posts from ADV since 2007, the mods and commercialization killed that site for me.

I think you will enjoy this forum. Oh, and pics are required for such a detailed post. Lol.

I've been an INTERESTED R18 owner since the pre-order page went up. Looks like waiting 2 years got me a better equipped bike for $7K less than I would have paid in 2020.

Basically I'm shopping between 3 models, two classics and one bagger.

Preference for around $16,00 OTD since it's a 2022 with less incentives but it's available locally so I can have it delivered to my door:
2286_35843.jpg

Runner up (with pricing breakdown above) for $13,699 but requires a fly and drive of 1000 miles to southeast:
628daf2477d9fd602839686b.jpg

3rd place, $21K or so out the door but will require a 2,000 mile fly & ride to get it home from Dallas:
8PbWJlf.png

Bagger is obviously a big draw but that dealer won't ship the bike or take digital signature so that increases the cost and effort considerably to get it home. I'd prefer red but it's not a 1st edition and doesn't have reverse. The first edition for under $14K only thing it's missing is floor boards. 3rd is well equipped with everything but the radar for cruise control. great price but that's a LONG drive from home.

Last edited:
My .02. Buy whichever one you really gravitate toward. Is the R18 your hobby and rolling two-wheeled therapy? Or is it a necessity to commute, committed touring bike or some other practical reason? I bought mine for the sheer joy and tranquility of the ride. If it were a transportation/commuter or a designated touring purchase, then my analytical side kicks in. What I'd hate to hear is "I went with #3 because it was a great deal but wish I'd bought the red one because it's RED!" (BTW, pin striping is pretty inexpensive to get that retro look) My left brain thinking automatically asks how you would handle the 600-700 mile break-in service on the longer trips? BMW dealerships are far and few between vs the HD shops.
Whichever you choose, post pics as we all love to hear from new owners.

Said no one ever. “ I’m looking for a killer motorcycle deal. I think I will wait til spring.”
I was just approved for .09% 60 month financing on new 2021 FE with the 3 packages & passenger kit at a sticker price of $22,265. I am paying $14,800 delivered from 600 miles away. After BMW picks up the first 6 payments I'll be at $12,300 which I'll pay over 4 and half years with next to no interest. That's a tough deal to beat at any time of year. I'd like to thank forum members for sharing information that helped make this happen. You literally saved me over $5K.

I have found motorcycle forums to be very helpful with both knowledge and money savings.

Just joined MOA

Back