R18 - Aftermarket ECU options

@R18C messaged us directly on a group buy. I discussed it with everyone and this is what we came up with:

-Group buy of 10 handhelds: $100 off advertised price
-Group buy of 20 handhelds: $150 off advertised price

We have to add a rule to this due to other group buys in the past. Once everyone has agreed to buy and everyone is ready, we need the group of buyers to all pay at the same time and before we ship any product. This way we will know if anyone backs out of the buy. Example: If we get 12 people saying they will purchase and only 8 actually pay, it means we did not fulfill the minimum requirement for the $100 off. In this scenario the people that did pay will either be refunded or have a choice to pay for the remainder of the product.

If this is agreeable we can post a group buy thread and get started. Or we can keep the posting here, whatever the admins are ok with.
I do not need the hand held, purchased it 3 years ago, just the R18 ECU reflash, considering it being a noticeable improvement.
What specifically are the programming improvement highlights and what is the cost of the reflash?

Is there any way to do this without a windows computer? We're all Apple.
No WE ARE NOT, some of us have more than one computer.
I use a Mac at home , an iPad with Foreflight for navigation in my airplane and a small Dell notebook running windows in motorcycle saddle bags along with the GS911.

@R18C messaged us directly on a group buy. I discussed it with everyone and this is what we came up with:

-Group buy of 10 handhelds: $100 off advertised price
-Group buy of 20 handhelds: $150 off advertised price

We have to add a rule to this due to other group buys in the past. Once everyone has agreed to buy and everyone is ready, we need the group of buyers to all pay at the same time and before we ship any product. This way we will know if anyone backs out of the buy. Example: If we get 12 people saying they will purchase and only 8 actually pay, it means we did not fulfill the minimum requirement for the $100 off. In this scenario the people that did pay will either be refunded or have a choice to pay for the remainder of the product.

If this is agreeable we can post a group buy thread and get started. Or we can keep the posting here, whatever the admins are ok with.
Is this a similar or better discount than that offered to military, both serving and vet's?

Group buy thread got the admin blessing and is now live. If anyone is interested, sign up here:

Q: I see 93 octane referenced in the dyno charts, but I try and run 87 ethanol free as much as I can. My only "mod" is a pair of Freedom Performance slip-ons with performance (minimal) baffles. Thoughts?

Q: I see 93 octane referenced in the dyno charts, but I try and run 87 ethanol free as much as I can. My only "mod" is a pair of Freedom Performance slip-ons with performance (minimal) baffles. Thoughts?
Before I had the BT Moto Tune, I rode to Kentucky from Arizona for the sidecar install.I was able to try some different grades of fuel.Some stations had a choice between two 87 octanes = 10% etoh or no etoh with no 91 or 93 available.
I did not notice any difference in performance or issues on the trip using everything from 87 to 93.
We have the wide band O2 sensors to thank for that.
I will continue to use 91 Arizona gas and use what is available to me when I travel.I really have not tried 87 with the tune but I may try it to see how the mileage is effected with the side car.At desert 75 mph speed limits I get 25-30mpg.If I am on 2 lane roads and no headwind at 50-60mph I can get 30-40mpg.
Hope that helps.
Maybe BT Moto could chime in on the use of 87 with their tune.

TK

Last edited by a moderator:

You get a questionnaire from us after purchase and you stipulate the fuels you're using. Not a problem.

I am sure it is no problem —I was more interested in any empirical result variance using 87 instead of 93.
Ime, using high octane fuel in a low compression engine like what the R18 uses, would be a waste of money as there would be no benefit. In fact, it *could* possibly negatively affect the engine's run. This has been my experience with Honda and Yamaha bikes. They run lean from the mfg and premium can make them run even cooler because of the engine's low compression. I found my 14' 1800 Valkyrie to run it's best with ethanol free 87-89 octane fuel. I have no idea why BMW recommends running premium fuel in such a low compression engine.

Back