R18 B 7 Jurock Windscreen

As stated above, I ordered the 20" thinking it would work for me. The was due partly by their windshield comparison diagram on the website. I have since sold the 20" and ordered the 18". I think the difference is that their design takes an upward turn just past the top bolt. The stock screens lay flat and gradually come towards you. We will see, or not, soon enough.
I'd like to see a pic of the 18"dark on your bike.

Installed the 19" Jurock today:

52241531836_0e30739147_b.jpg
52241821069_700336cc8e_b.jpg
52241530736_6fce79e1a8_b.jpg

Here's the OEM Bagger windscreen:
52123298615_9f836ae8f2_b.jpg
52121768232_90eee727a1_b.jpg

Losing some style points but I'm hoping gaining some comfort on the interstate.
I dont think you are losing any points, I think it looks great. Out of interest, what height are you?

Here is the 18” JuRock on top of stock.

Attachments

• 3DC04876-4195-440C-91DB-283F75952844.jpeg
    3DC04876-4195-440C-91DB-283F75952844.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
  • A23965C0-AF1B-4F35-B712-9C09E3BD8745.jpeg
    A23965C0-AF1B-4F35-B712-9C09E3BD8745.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
  • FB613D17-1AE0-41A4-B020-689236E1CECD.jpeg
    FB613D17-1AE0-41A4-B020-689236E1CECD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
  • 0305F25D-E33A-4D17-86C8-04268D434D8E.jpeg
    0305F25D-E33A-4D17-86C8-04268D434D8E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • E3211CDD-BBA6-4CA5-9C5A-597BAA806259.jpeg
    E3211CDD-BBA6-4CA5-9C5A-597BAA806259.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
I wanted to give you all some buyer's remorse. It may warrant its own thread for visibility.

I ordered my windscreen on July 6th
It arrived via UPS on July 20th
I installed it on July 25th since I was out of town
I took my first interstate ride with it on July 30th

I experienced a LOT of head turbulence and my fairing was actually shaking a bit with some vibrations that were not there before. I emailed 7 Jurock on the 1st of August asking about replacing this windscreen with a taller model (20" instead of 19)

I received no reply within 24 hours so today, I opened up their refunds page - https://www.7jurock.com/policies/refund-policy

Returns:

*ALL SALES WILL BECOME FINAL AND NO REFUNDS OR REFUND WILL BE POSSIBLE 14 DAYS AFTER THE DELIVEwRY DATE.

NOTE: All dark gray & black windshields, custom designed windshields, and special orders not offered on our website as standard products are final sales. They cannot be returned or exchanged at any time.

In order for a refund or exchange to be possible, the returned item must be returned within 14 days from the delivery date. The item must be returned in the same condition as received (new, unused, undamaged, unmodified, and cannot have been mounted). The item must also be returned in the original packaging and display valid authorization number on outside of package, or they will be refused at delivery.

Shipping and Handling charges:

Shipping and Handling charges for all completed orders that have been shipped from our facility will not be refunded at any time. 7Jurock will not be responsible for the shipping charges incurred for returns or exchanges. They will be the buyer’s responsibility and will not be reimbursed. Returned items must be shipped prepaid and insured to 7Jurock Plastics.

Restocking Fees:

The will be a standard 15% re-stocking fee applied to all returns and exchanges. Windshields will be inspected upon receipt and will be assessed for any damage. Products that arrive with signs of wear that have been mounted, or damaged in any way will be assessed for refurbishing/servicing needed, which will result in a higher re-stocking fee (20%-40%). If damage or scratching is too severe to be completely removed, a refund will not be issued. If a refund is not possible for any reason, the returned item will be sent back to the customer, at no charge.

**If you need to return an item, please contact Customer Service at

(909)634-8548

So, I should have called them but given that I'll be at 14 days on August 4th and that's the latest they would need to receive the windscreen back, calling them won't matter. I'm unable to swap this part for another one.

This Is a warning to all that the day you get this windscreen, go out and ride for 2 hours and make sure it fits you. Windscreen fitment is highly personal and everyone's torso, helmets and such are different. If you get not just turbulence but aggressive teeth chattering (like my teeth chatter like I'm cold) vibration and head shake from a windscreen, you need to call them immediately. Not only will you pay return shipping but you're going to be out between 15 and 40% of your original cost in restocking fees. They decide what that fee is based on the condition of the unit.

My advice...personally, don't buy from these guys. They know windscreen fitment & comfort are subjective and while they need to make money, up to 40% restocking fees and 14 days to get the part back to them which could be a 7 day shipping time depending on where you live and no response via email is too anti-customer for me

I'm going to put this windscreen in a box and keep it on hand as a spare but I'm removing it and I wasted $240 on an experiment.

In the past, companies like National Cycle, Puig and Madstad were happy to work with me on different sizes to find the right one. Maybe a better advice is buy 3 of these and return the 2 that don't fit and just deal with knowing you'll have to pay return shipping and at least 15% restocking fee.

At Minimum, a $240 windscreen from 7 Jurock if it doesn't fit you will cost you
$50 return shipping
$35 restocking fee
$85 just to experiment

If they deem it has 40% worth of damage, the restocking fee balloons to $96 + $50 return shipping

And like they say, they could refuse to refund you all together and just send it back to you.

I wanted to give you all some buyer's remorse. It may warrant its own thread for visibility.

I experienced a LOT of head turbulence and my fairing was actually shaking a bit with some vibrations that were not there before. I emailed 7 Jurock on the 1st of August asking about replacing this windscreen with a taller model (20" instead of 19)

I received no reply within 24 hours so today, I opened up their refunds page - https://www.7jurock.com/policies/refund-policy

So, I should have called them but given that I'll be at 14 days on August 4th and that's the latest they would need to receive the windscreen back, calling them won't matter. I'm unable to swap this part for another one.

This Is a warning to all that the day you get this windscreen, go out and ride for 2 hours and make sure it fits you. Windscreen fitment is highly personal and everyone's torso, helmets and such are different. If you get not just turbulence but aggressive teeth chattering (like my teeth chatter like I'm cold) vibration and head shake from a windscreen, you need to call them immediately. Not only will you pay return shipping but you're going to be out between 15 and 40% of your original cost in restocking fees. They decide what that fee is based on the condition of the unit.

My advice...personally, don't buy from these guys. They know windscreen fitment & comfort are subjective and while they need to make money, up to 40% restocking fees and 14 days to get the part back to them which could be a 7 day shipping time depending on where you live and no response via email is too anti-customer for me

I'm going to put this windscreen in a box and keep it on hand as a spare but I'm removing it and I wasted $240 on an experiment.

In the past, companies like National Cycle, Puig and Madstad were happy to work with me on different sizes to find the right one. Maybe a better advice is buy 3 of these and return the 2 that don't fit and just deal with knowing you'll have to pay return shipping and at least 15% restocking fee.

$50 return shipping
$35 restocking fee
$85 just to experiment

If they deem it has 40% worth of damage, the restocking fee balloons to $96 + $50 return shipping

And like they say, they could refuse to refund you all together and just send it back to you.

Jesus, that is really horrible to hear.

We are really stuck on choice as well with screen options for the R18B, I really hope more parts come online really soon for it.

I am close to just getting the TC screen and adding a tint to it, if possible.

$50 return shipping
$35 restocking fee
$85 just to experiment

Update, I did get a reply and they're going to allow me to return it. Shipping was $62 which is fine, everything is expensive these days. They won't tell me if my restocking fee is 15% or 40% until they get it back which will be in about 7 days.

If there are any Transcontinental riders out there that would like to run with the stock bagger windscreen (which is shorter) I have one available at $150.00

Update, I did get a reply and they're going to allow me to return it. Shipping was $62 which is fine, everything is expensive these days. They won't tell me if my restocking fee is 15% or 40% until they get it back which will be in about 7 days.

Update x2,

7 Jurock has redeemed themselves. As soon as I sent tracking, they sent out the 20" replacement screen for no charge saying "we'll charge you the difference when we get your screen back. We didn't want you to have any downtime"

so they relaxed their refund policy and shipped a replacement out the same day as I shipped mine. Pretty top notch!

7 Jurock received my short screen today. They already dispatched a replacement today so no delay on waiting for one to be made. They charged me in total, $55 for the replacement so that's a $10 charge for the 20" screen upgrade and $45 restocking fee or about 20% restocking fee instead of 15%. Plus shipping of around $50 getting the 7 Jurock windscreen that fit me cost me $240+ $50 +$55 or $345. Note the TransContinental Screen can be had for $500 so if this 20 inch screen works, I'll still have saved money over buying the TC screen.

Crossing my fingers that this thing works when it comes in!

Reactions: Vyk
Sad to hear that some folks are having issues getting to their optimal setup.
Please keep posted on your progress and impressions.

I'm considering getting one of these as I've found that with my preferred helmet, Schuberth C5 Modular, I am getting quite a bit of wind buffeting. When I wear my Arai race helmet, it goes away.

Which model is it and do you have any pics?
The question wasn't addressed to me, but look at post 30, 31 and 32. Those are pictures of my Puig Wind deflector. It's the 12". I do NOT love the way it looks, but, it works fantastically. It blocks the wind when I want it to and I can flip it down when I do want the wind. After all, we are riding motorcycles, not cars. We should either embrace the wind or get off the bike! In my humble opinion, the B stock screen is sexy and fits the curves of the bike perfectly. The TC screen fits the curves of the fairing, but is not sexy. The Jurock does neither. While they may be effective, they do hurt the look of the bike. (much like my Puig hurts the look of mine). Bottom line, you must sacrifice some sleekness for the wind protection.

The question wasn't addressed to me, but look at post 30, 31 and 32. Those are pictures of my Puig Wind deflector. It's the 12". I do NOT love the way it looks, but, it works fantastically. It blocks the wind when I want it to and I can flip it down when I do want the wind. After all, we are riding motorcycles, not cars. We should either embrace the wind or get off the bike! In my humble opinion, the B stock screen is sexy and fits the curves of the bike perfectly. The TC screen fits the curves of the fairing, but is not sexy. The Jurock does neither. While they may be effective, they do hurt the look of the bike. (much like my Puig hurts the look of mine). Bottom line, you must sacrifice some sleekness for the wind protection.
I do agree some aftermarket windshield just sacrifice the looks. :ROFLMAO:
Tall WS1.jpg

Let us know Adam how the new screen from Jurock works.

Back