What did you do to your R18 today?

Very nice ! Great color scheme. Got to say seeing yours & @R18C’s results it looks like the R18 was made for sidecars !

I removed the stock boards on the R18TC and replaced them with a much longer one. I like my feet further forward and since there is room, why not?
boards.jpg
The boards started out like this: Two (2) 1/8 inch thick steel plates 4" wide and 9" long.
The four small pieces begin as 1/4 inch steel plates by 2.5" by 1 1/8". I traced the stock pegs profile and placed it on the thick plates so I could accurately drill the 5/16 hole in the right place. Then using a band saw, I cut the profiles out of the brackets.
raw material.jpg

Today I installed the Grip Puppies on my R18TC. They fit just right but I had to wrestle them onto the grips. Thought for a moment I might damage them given how hard I pulled and stretched to get them on.

Today I installed the Grip Puppies on my R18TC. They fit just right but I had to wrestle them onto the grips. Thought for a moment I might damage them given how hard I pulled and stretched to get them on.
Submerge in water then straight,Dawn dish soap applied inside both ends.Use your finger to spread the soap inside then slip on.Then hose off with water to get any excess soap when they are in the place where you like them.After drying they will stay in place.
btw,
I've used them for many years and find they really can't be over soaped.I ride quite a bit and find here in the Arizona heat,I go thru a pair at least once a year.

If you have access to compressed air, blow that between the grip and the puppy and they go right on without any soap/water, etc.

Back