What did you do to your R18 today?

What does the badge say, can’t quite read it?

And where did you get them, the finish is really nice.
BMW BOXER MOTOR
SEIT-1933

My photo is a bit deceiving. The paint has texture but not sparkle.

Dumped the insect antennae mirrors for a tight little number under my grip. Visibility is marginal, but keep in mind I don't do any city riding. Lots of head-turns before lane changing anyway (as was my practice). Looks pretty good but may need a bit of tweaking to get more handlebar movement.

460F0B02-86F4-467D-B711-12DDFD98AD2B.jpeg
8925E60E-FD3E-4154-BE0B-13FB42CBACE5.jpeg
/still waiting on the moving van with all my garage gear/cabinets/tools/goodies.

Dumped the insect antennae mirrors for a tight little number under my grip. Visibility is marginal, but keep in mind I don't do any city riding. Lots of head-turns before lane changing anyway (as was my practice). Looks pretty good but may need a bit of tweaking to get more handlebar movement.

View attachment 5917
View attachment 5916
/still waiting on the moving van with all my garage gear/cabinets/tools/goodies.
What is the issue with the stock mirrors? I don't mean just you. It appears many have changed them. I quite like them, great quality and no visibility issues.

What is the issue with the stock mirrors? I don't mean just you. It appears many have changed them. I quite like them, great quality and no visibility issues.
Great visibility and even better with the convex mirror mod. They just didn’t go with my bobber mods.

Trying to find a bit more room for my size 13s. These seem VERY well made & the adjustable concept is great ( a bit lower and farther back in this case) but I'm concerned that it pushes my foot to far outboard. I didn't have time to test after the install.290120055_2588048267993312_5394367327988462854_n.jpg290911520_7664589093614895_5859618871711300151_n.jpg

I replaced the floorboards with the Bagger pegs. It uses the same mount so nothing else was needed except the return spring and mounting pin.
Now I can easily toe or heel shift and I can move my feet around a lot more than with the floorboards.

Attachments

• 20220704_110850.jpg
    20220704_110850.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220704_110836.jpg
    20220704_110836.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220704_111001.jpg
    20220704_111001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Trying to find a bit more room for my size 13s. These seem VERY well made & the adjustable concept is great ( a bit lower and farther back in this case) but I'm concerned that it pushes my foot to far outboard. I didn't have time to test after the install.View attachment 5946View attachment 5947
Ride on the balls of your feet like you are suppose to. 😝. But if are bent on a heel toe set up some nice long rears would be nice. Looks like an easy mod for a fab shop in your area. A bit more pricey tho if you need then chrome plated.

Lots of hd long ones. Have you looked into an adapter?

View attachment 5917
View attachment 5916
Ha! I did a similar mock up just the other day. Was also wondering about tank clearance. I decided to go bar ends. Please keep us posted.

Just a thought ????? Have had my R18 now for four months, bought it after one small test ride.... I was so happy with the bike, I ordered the chrome crash bars and the black locking fuel cap.. Now for months on and have not been given my parts ???? Is a four month wait enough ???? I think a thirty day wait is enough but four months ???? Appreciate any suggestions or comments !!

ABC2DB2D-EE44-49DF-96CE-4AB696827AD5.jpegD83DD1FA-8141-4F6C-B586-8AA270272DBE.jpegCB4AA280-5531-4BDB-81A4-C353F906BF53.jpeg
Ha! I did a similar mock up just the other day. Was also wondering about tank clearance. I decided to go bar ends. Please keep us posted.
Try these for an under bar installation.

I used them with my beach bar install. They are rock solid and clear the tank fine. Since the beach bars are lower and longer I’m pretty certain you will have no clearance issues with stock bars.

Just a thought ????? Have had my R18 now for four months, bought it after one small test ride.... I was so happy with the bike, I ordered the chrome crash bars and the black locking fuel cap.. Now for months on and have not been given my parts ???? Is a four month wait enough ???? I think a thirty day wait is enough but four months ???? Appreciate any suggestions or comments !!
Who did you buy them from? Direct from BMW seems available for crash bar: https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/v-2021-bmw-motorrad-r-18-classic----/accessories--safety, same with the locking fuel cap: https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...ibXctbW90b3JyYWQmbz1yLTE4LWNsYXNzaWMmeT0yMDIx

That's how I ordered my parts. You select your dealer and they drop ship them thru the dealer.

I used them with my beach bar install. They are rock solid and clear the tank fine. Since the beach bars are lower and longer I’m pretty certain you will have no clearance issues with stock bars.
Well those look trick.

Look at all that fun stuff you have. Drill press, air compressor and wait a minute … are you hording Condor dollys??

Back