What did you do to your R18 today?

This rack looks definitely solid.
One can load it.
Holan, did you think about making passenger hand rail ??
When I'll have my new seat, to check the space available, I want to buy or make two of them.

Last edited:
for many thousands of kilometers of traveling, my ass has hardened. I also like to make a stop for coffee or forced refueling. then the ass goes back to its place ;)
Try a few of these days, you will sing a different tune. Those are miles not kilometers, 1,520 miles = 2,447 kilometers.

Attachments

• 1520 miles.jpg
    1520 miles.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 19
you get two in one (hand rail + rack) and you only pay for hand rail ;)

Do you think I could install a top case similar to this one on your rack, for long trips With my lover rider ?

but it has a curled tail up. we would have to make a horizontal rack. And such a rack has no mounting points, it is a top-case. Can you deal with it?

Holan, your saddlebag holder, if mounted upside down, turns into a hand rail ! 😂
Or you make it symetrical and it does both fonctions...

Attachments

• saddlebag-holder-bmw-r18.jpg
    saddlebag-holder-bmw-r18.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Today I brought my R18 to the dealer in Chattanooga for the first service. They did a fine job and I was pleasantly surprised to get a bill that was less than anticipated. The only "fly in the ointment" was the realization (by the service folks AND myself) that the R18 requires a NEW final drive lubricant that's different from all of the other BMWs and, as a result, the dealership had none on hand. So I will probably change the final gear lube later WHEN BMW SUPPLIES THE NEW LUBE TO THE DEALERS or when I learn what the new specs are and obtain it myself.

Last edited:
Back