What did you do to your R18 today?

So I put the black reflective stickers.
I choosed to keep the OEM underneath to get it reversible, and because I don't know how the surface is when removed.
If It's flat just take them off and put the sticker in place.
Gilles, you removed them so you can tell us.
The stickers width is juuust right.
Length isn't enough so I had to use two of them.
The amber color stays a bit visible on the side. A good reason to remove the amber reflectors.
I'll certainly redo it that way.

[/URL]

And on Ebay:
[/URL]

And Amazon:

[/URL]

[/URL]

View attachment 1028

View attachment 1029

View attachment 1030
The black reflectors are nice! i might have to do this also.

Yesterday was my birthday, so the woman of my dreams gave me the Roland Sands Design replacement Rocker Covers that have been carefully hidden in plain sight for the past month. And this morning I got a call from Pandora European Motorsports in Chattanooga, informing me that the Weekender Seat has arrived. The results are below. And we are both thrilled.

View attachment 1057View attachment 1058

Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day and we'll both take it for a ride. It would be the first time that my wife rides the R18. Up until now, she has spurned the stock seat as punishment that she would not endure for any distance. I can't blame her. Mustang has come to the rescue.
I really do love those covers! I've ordered the front engine cover in that design and will most likely order the jug covers as well.

First service today. All is good. Put on the cyl head trim a couple days ago. Love the look - which, for the price, I had better!
Agreed. I have the front engine cover in that design coming and I plan on adding the cylinder head like yours. But, as you say, I'm Regathering my resources before I can add those!

Today I removed the OEM mirrors in favour of some Arlen Ness mini ovals. Having changed the screen, I wanted to streamline the front profile to suit.

I was almost certain I was going to go for bar end Rizoma mirrors but when I rode last week to test the screen, I figured I wouldn’t actually be able to see anything in them looking at where my arms were in relation to the bar end. I had these mirrors on my HD Breakout and although they’re small, they have a convex lens and once you adjust to them, you can see plenty and no vibration. I expect they’ll perform the same on the R18B.

I’m still debating adding pipes and have been looking at all the options but figured I’d try deleting the exhaust servos first as a cheap solution. Haven’t ridden it yet but initial impression was there’s a deeper rumble at idle.
Are you considering the BMW Vance & Hines exhaust? I installed the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust system; however, I don't think I would have choose J&H if it weren't part of a refund and highly discounted.
I basically leave it in Mr.Hyde mode, which sounds the best; however, it isn't nearly as loud as friend's HD exhaust systems (V&H). I'm not too crazy about the moving parts that allow my exhaust to change the sound; I worry that the control module could fail and such.
I like the idea of a V&H system, couples with your servo delete project.

Are you considering the BMW Vance & Hines exhaust? I installed the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust system; however, I don't think I would have choose J&H if it weren't part of a refund and highly discounted.
I basically leave it in Mr.Hyde mode, which sounds the best; however, it isn't nearly as loud as friend's HD exhaust systems (V&H). I'm not too crazy about the moving parts that allow my exhaust to change the sound; I worry that the control module could fail and such.
I like the idea of a V&H system, couples with your servo delete project.
I am, and it’s currently the top of the list. I want the US version though. Currently watching one on eBay but the price is fluctuating a lot with the exchange rate so going to keep an eye on it.
Also considering the Zard full exhaust but it’s quite a bit more money. I didn’t like the header shape from photos but I saw it in person and liked it a lot.

I'd think the OEM BMW version of the V&H would be a perfect fit; I'd have to say that the J&H folks did a nice job matching their exhaust to the R 18 B, it looks factory..

Today I removed the OEM mirrors in favour of some Arlen Ness mini ovals. Having changed the screen, I wanted to streamline the front profile to suit.

I was almost certain I was going to go for bar end Rizoma mirrors but when I rode last week to test the screen, I figured I wouldn’t actually be able to see anything in them looking at where my arms were in relation to the bar end. I had these mirrors on my HD Breakout and although they’re small, they have a convex lens and once you adjust to them, you can see plenty and no vibration. I expect they’ll perform the same on the R18B.

I’m still debating adding pipes and have been looking at all the options but figured I’d try deleting the exhaust servos first as a cheap solution. Haven’t ridden it yet but initial impression was there’s a deeper rumble at idle.
I am very interested in the results of removing the servos. When I bought the b

i am particularly interested in the results of the exhaust servo delete. I initially thought that I didn’t like the fishtails and would replace them immediately, however, they’re growing on me although I would like some more grunt from the exhaust. I don’t want it to sound cheap either, nor exceedingly loud. Please give more reviews when you can about your feelings of the servo delete.

I'd think the OEM BMW version of the V&H would be a perfect fit; I'd have to say that the J&H folks did a nice job matching their exhaust to the R 18 B, it looks factory..
It seems most aftermarket exhausts have a real problem where the muffler meets the header. Most look untidy/ don’t match the shape of the OEM parts or don’t come with their own heat shield. I thought the V&H may have been an exception to this but I’ve just seen this pic posted on FB. It looks like maybe they’re a smaller diameter and don’t match the curvature of the OEM heat shield 🙄 I am being picky of course, but none of these systems are cheap and an OEM accessory in particular should fit perfectly.

Attachments

• 31C48DAF-00E3-47BC-988F-5AC7FCCCAF78.jpeg
    31C48DAF-00E3-47BC-988F-5AC7FCCCAF78.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
It seems most aftermarket exhausts have a real problem where the muffler meets the header. Most look untidy/ don’t match the shape of the OEM parts or don’t come with their own heat shield. I thought the V&H may have been an exception to this but I’ve just seen this pic posted on FB. It looks like maybe they’re a smaller diameter and don’t match the curvature of the OEM heat shield 🙄 I am being picky of course, but none of these systems are cheap and an OEM accessory in particular should fit perfectly.
I think the J-&-H exhaust system that I installed was well done in terms of fit; the provided heat shields kept to the original OEM lines. In hindsight, they should fit perfectly for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_144903728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221010_144903728_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 33
That's a very slick looking oil cooler... Looks like they make it in a chrome plated and some sort of dull bronze color; was the installation straight forward ? (mounting points, oil lines, etc.) Have you noticed any degraded or improved cooling performance vs the stock OEM cooler?

View attachment 7688View attachment 7689
I don’t have it. I was considering it for my R18 but don’t the cooler as offensive on the B for some reason.

Video not in English but the steps and visuals make it understandable, easy DIY job though I’d have looked to fit it when having a service done personally.

Looks slick and don't want to rain on your parade here,though.
My concern is what will happen if you have a oil temp problem or a warranty issue with over heating?Even adding a aftermarket cover on the oem cooler could be a issue.
I would like to see the fuctionally and efficency numbers if this really helps or hurts.
But hey,after its only money🤡

Back