What did you do to your R18 today?

I like how yours say R18 first edition. I’m curious to know how the rubber gaskets fit on the inside of these.
Perfect fit ... If you look at the first picture you can see that the casting is identical with the original covers. I was a bit concerned about that too ... but as far as I can tell after a couple days, there is no leaks and it seems to be a good seal.

EDIT: The little 'First Edition' badge is separate when they ship it ... it's somewhere in the box ... took me a minute to find it, they stuck it in a little bag that looks just like the packaging material and it has an adhesive back.

EDIT2: If anybody decides to go this route, make darn sure to keep the reservoir level when you take the cover off ... or you will be looking at a hell of a mess!

Last edited:
Sweet. I’ve owned a Subaru BRAT, a WRX and Legacy B4.
There may be another ‘Scooby’ in my future, who knows.
They are really easy to work on and service yourself. I love that aspect of it since I’m not a real mechanic. There really isn’t another car that drives and handles the same. The transmission makes the car so predictable in the snow, it’s super confidence inspiring.

I’m trying to find a used outback for the winter that the wife can drive and retire the old Ford. Used car prices are slowly dropping but Subarus seem to still hold their value.

Added some reverse missile launchers with a cup holder.

It holds my 1.5L fuel can in the top and whatever in the bottom one. It’s nice having a “glove box” that’s waterproof.

It doesn’t photograph well but in person it kinda blends in with the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    816.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
Took the bike into the shop for inspection. 4100mi and both tires are smoked. I'd blame myself if it was just the rear but the front is shot too.

I'm off on a tire search.

Took the bike into the shop for inspection. 4100mi and both tires are smoked. I'd blame myself if it was just the rear but the front is shot too.

I'm off on a tire search.
The opimions will most certainly split here ... and I can't speak for durability yet ... but give the Metzler Cruisetec a look. I only have the front one on so far ... but I really like the way it rides and how quiet it is.

Back