What's the jacket of choice for your R18?

I quite like this one which can be bought at quite a lot less than retail. The other UK make that has me interested would be something from Aero leathers. I read that the Japanese are absolute top level leather jacket makers.

Attachments

• 10BCFFFD-2BD6-4D6F-990D-37C92395F61F.jpeg
    10BCFFFD-2BD6-4D6F-990D-37C92395F61F.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 46
I’m wearing my leftover r 1200c brown jacket. Best leather jacket I ever had! Anybody remember all the apparel bmw came out with for ivory 1200 c? I have the helmet googles back pack leather pants. Jacket is awesome!

I quite like this one which can be bought at quite a lot less than retail. The other UK make that has me interested would be something from Aero leathers. I read that the Japanese are absolute top level leather jacket makers.
I got that BMW one with the rebate money that was provided for non-existent accessories or existent apparel because the Cruiser's around here didn't ship with floor boards (that I didn't want anyway.)

I have an overpriced but well worn and loved Belstaff Ivy that is what I typically wear in decent weather though on the bike.

1636308431823.png

I'm still wering my Aerostitch 2 piece, that I bought used in 2003, I have at least 300,000 miles(480,000kms) on it.

6am Sunday morning Main Street Lava Hotsprings, Idaho, next stop Louisville, KY 5am Monday for breakfast. 1,600 miles.

IMG_1360 copy.jpgIMG_1353.JPG

Last edited:
Rev it Nova Vintage. The SEESMART CE-level 1 protectors at shoulders and elbows offer safety while the detachable thermal liner provides warmth.
I love it, fit is perfect.

Attachments

• A3A31500-F1E9-4DCC-B2C7-AAD767D67BF6.jpeg
    A3A31500-F1E9-4DCC-B2C7-AAD767D67BF6.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 7
  • D50A413B-484B-4342-95A7-A8AE9E782B0D.png
    D50A413B-484B-4342-95A7-A8AE9E782B0D.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
39695184-573D-4292-8608-78F86F3668C6.jpeg

I have three different RSD jackets that I wear dependent on conditions. My go to leather is the Ronin but I have the waxed cotton Houston for touring and the perforated waxed cotton Duro for warm weather duty.
The RSD jackets are very high quality and a tremendous value if you can pick one up on sale. The previous year’s designs can be discounted as much as 70% off and you are getting a product that will last forever with a little care.
I paid up to get the oxblood Ronin but that will be with me forever.

Last edited:
Usually I wear an old Hein Gericke leather jacket. I graduated college in 1990 and it was a graduation gift from my parents. Other than some zipper repairs it's still in great shape. It was a lot looser on my when I graduated. I'm working on losing some weight to loosen it up. ;)

Usually I wear an old Hein Gericke leather jacket. I graduated college in 1990 and it was a graduation gift from my parents. Other than some zipper repairs it's still in great shape. It was a lot looser on my when I graduated. I'm working on losing some weight to loosen it up. ;)
We're in the same boat

Had some serious health issues in 2020 4 hospitalizations, 6 surgeries, Aortic aneurysm, heart attack and kidney failure.
Spend 3 days a week in dialysis, VA once month for chicken injections into my bone on bone rubbing joints.
Hell I even nailed a huge 10 point buck Sunday morning, all it cost me was the drivers side mirror and almost total destruction down the left side body panels.
Lost 70 pounds in 2020, started drinking filtered water and quit Coke Zero.
Tomorrow is time for Taquila and cake, Nov 10, 2021 USMC 246 years and counting.
2/26, 3/1, 68-70
Devil Dog Is My Copilot.jpg

Morning exercises bench pressing a CH 46, 20 reps.

ch46.JPG

2/26 at Khe Sahn

Last edited:
Still trying to find the perfect one. No the BMW Venting, no the BMW Twin Strip Leather Jacket, no a HD Leather one, no the Ducatti Scrambler Denim Jacket...

just got the PureBoxer BMW jacket, very impressive... supreme finish interior and out, craftsmanship and materials seem flawless, quilted removable liner.. non-vented. it's gnarly tough and warm enough.. only have a couple rides with it so far, very pleased with the product.

I have purchased the BMW PureBoxer cordovan leather jacket. It is a work of art in every way and I love the fit. On the R18 it will likely be mainly a fashion statement and for touring I would stick with my Atlantis but this PureBoxer is beautiful.

I have purchased the BMW PureBoxer cordovan leather jacket. It is a work of art in every way and I love the fit. On the R18 it will likely be mainly a fashion statement and for touring I would stick with my Atlantis but this PureBoxer is beautiful.
I came *so close* to buying that jacket, but it was sight (or rather fit) unseen. I just do not trust BM sizing enough to have sprung for it! It sure looked beautiful though!

Isn’t it designed to be worn under the jacket?
Is it the meccanic or the electronic one?
It is for wearing over jacket or riding shirt. It is mechanical. I didn’t want one that required a charge, gps or subscription. The tether works easy enough. It’s now second nature to clip in, like the seatbelt in a car. The back protector alone (w/o inflation) is serious. Does not look like an airbag vest to the uninitiated.

Back