Windshield / Windscreen options?

ACRYLIC OR POLYCARBONATE
Thank you. This look exactlya like what I seek.

News, good news!!!

For your information: I added the OEM highest Windshield, and with my Weekender seat and considering I’m 180cm tall, no buffeting and no turbulence. Tested with full face helmets (the Carbon GS Pure without the top visor and a Bell Bullit), open face helmet (BMW Bowler) and a Modular Helmet (Bell SRT). Up to 140km/h

I’m happy because no additional low or top deflectors needed.

Last edited:
News, good news!!!

For your information: I added the OEM highest Windshield, and with my Weekender seat and considering I’m 180cm tall, no buffeting and no turbulence. Tested with full face helmets (the Carbon GS Pure without the top visor and a Bell Bullit), open face helmet (BMW Bowler) and a Modular Helmet (Bell SRT). Up to 140km/h

I’m happy because no additional low or top deflectors needed.
Could you share the part number please?

I thought the classic comes with the tallest windshield already, because in the R18 configurator there are only three sizes: Low/Medium/Normal(Normal being installed on classic already)

Could you share the part number please?

I thought the classic comes with the tallest windshield already, because in the R18 configurator there are only three sizes: Low/Medium/Normal(Normal being installed on classic already)
77339443603 I didn't know about the high of the Classic Windshield. Please, take note about all the other facts that I have mentioned: 180cm tall and Weekender Seat

77339443603 I didn't know about the high of the Classic Windshield. Please, take note about all the other facts that I have mentioned: 180cm tall and Weekender Seat
Thanks. Seems like you started with medium or low windshield.

This windshield, 77339443603, come as standard with classic.

Not from OEM. This is the tallest one you can order for classic from BMW, which comes with Classic already.
So for people who has buffeting problem on their stock R18 classic, this is not going to help.
Ah, ok. Yes, I know about those problemas, that’s why I made this post: help people who can take my height and my seat as reference

Ah, ok. Yes, I know about those problemas, that’s why I made this post: help people who can take my height and my seat as reference
Yes, If you are not having buffeting issue at 180cm with weekender seat, most of the classic owners whos under 180cm shouldn't have problem with the windshield.

But reportedly, some still do for some reason. Maybe we should start a poll on the height of the classic riders whos having problem with the standard windshield.

I am 6'3" and My 18 inch works well.The 20 inch caused more wind in and up my face.I have been testing the LRS shields and have put in excess of 5,000 miles on their windshields.Great company and you can choose between Acrylic or Polycarbonate.

https://www.longrideshields.com/collections/bmw

Good Luck
TK

Compare prices
Nothing on their web site at present. Too bad. Looks like a good brand.
Yeah,I was supposed to be a beta tester and was told they would send me a windshield.Later they changed their mind and wanted me to buy a prototype so I went with Long Ride Shields.
Glad we have choices.Call Billy for a Forum Group Discount.

**The LRS 20 inch shield is 2 inches wider than the 16 or 18 inch for those that want a taller windshield that doesn't look like a banana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the Classic windscreen is an abysmal BMW engineering failure. They should be ashamed.

Clearview Shields. 36 years in the windscreen business. Multiple heights available (Craig, the owner, has a suggested methodology to determine what is best). Available with or without wind recurve. First-rate materials. Great price. When you get it, leave the film on and take it for a test ride. If you don't like it, send it back. https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshields/bmw/bmw-r18-classic-replacement-windshield/

BMW-R18C-windshield-19-B-style-clear-M-Gaffney-close-up-1072x1536.jpeg

Last edited:
Compare prices

Yeah,I was supposed to be a beta tester and was told they would send me a windshield.Later they changed their mind and wanted me to buy a prototype so I went with Long Ride Shields.
Glad we have choices.Call Billy for a Forum Group Discount.

**The LRS 20 inch shield is 2 inches wider than the 16 or 18 inch for those that want a taller windshield that doesn't look like a banana.

Real men don't need windshields, especially if the bike didn't come with one. Look at all the hardcore riders going for thousand of miles without a windshield. Tough as nails, not a bunch of wusses.
The r18 base model, like the one I have, I can ride all day at freeway speeds with no buffeting at all. It is probably the best bike without a windshield I have ever owned. Viva El Diablo run!!!!

Real men don't need windshields, especially if the bike didn't come with one. Look at all the hardcore riders going for thousand of miles without a windshield. Tough as nails, not a bunch of wusses.
The r18 base model, like the one I have, I can ride all day at freeway speeds with no buffeting at all. It is probably the best bike without a windshield I have ever owned. Viva El Diablo run!!!!
Viva Sr. Ants in the Pants!

Back