Exhaust manifold/ Headers

Hey,no aurgument from me.I say go for it.I have been riding since 1962 and have modified or changed everything from exhausts to Ported heads,Big Bore Kits etc.I had 1 bike that lived on a dyno.That being said,I settled in on just a tuner and A/C upgrade on my R18C because it has a sidecar and don't want the bike to be louder.If it were a 2 wheeled ride,I like a bobber style like MilwDave and probably would do a set of Freedom mufflers and servo buddies.
Funny,I see the world changing after stomping around for 72 years.There are a few changes over the last couple of years that could effect my wallet to list some here:
Dynojet can not sell any of their tuners in California(I think Colorado is next).
Vance and Hines paid a high price and discontinued sales to some states.
Indian is still selling stg1,2 & 3 kits till they are gone .The stg1 Indian mufflers can't be ordered(a few dealers have a set or two) anymore which are recommended if the stg2cams or stg3 kits are installed.So the dealers are selling aftermarket mufflers with the stg/upgrades.
HD is to the point they will red flag your bike if the computer picks up on a tuned ecu.
So it is good you are looking buy a complete system and keeping your oem exhaust intact.
On my 22 Indian I went with 111/stg2 cams,round A/C and A pair of new old stock 4 inch Khrome Werks mufflers that have no marking or off road stamp.They come with interchangable baffle inserts.I have 3 of them.One is a dB killer that actually increases low end torque and onlu looses about 2-3 hp on the high end.I also have a baffle they don't make anymore that is a straight thru perforated loud baffle but I run the louvered baffle which is the deepest sound muffler I have ever heard.
I would like to see someone near KR and take their R18 so they could make an exhaust.The also make TAB and oem mufflers w/cat free headers.

KHROME WERKS
A division of Lincoln Industries

600 West E Street​

Lincoln, NE 68522​

[email protected]

I think I mentioned in another thread I’d like a set of their pipes on my R18. One of the best sounding exhausts I heard when I worked at HD and great quality.

I would think there is a local muffler shop that does mandrel bending that could make a header pipe or modify the oem exhaust.
To be realistic,I have a 2022 Indian that I left the cat(stock oem header).It runs cooler than my 2 previous bikes,2014 & 2017 Chieftains that had the cat removed.1 had a gutted cat the other was the full Rinehart system.There is absoutely no downside to the newer bikes as they run higher flow cats.
My 22 actually runs not only cooler but is stronger with better throttle response and fuel mileage.
The master tuner on the Indian forum told me that folks removing the cat can decrease performance.
The best option I see is doing the servo buddy or have a shop make a pipe to fit in place.Then buy a set of reasonably priced slip on mufflers.I personally would not fool with the cats.
Last bit of rain:If a pair of oem mufflers list for about $3,200.No telling what the cats or headpipe will cost so,careful on mods.
Thanks! I been looking at local shops that could fabricate exhaust manifold but have not found any…. Closes one i found is san diego customs but mostly work on HD…

I’m ecstatic to report the roughcraft fit the B/TC models! They are AWESOME. The baffle in sounds real close to stock until you open the throttle. It’s still very reasonable. With the baffles out, it’s loud but sounds amazing. you will have to fabricate a small hanger but the exhaust is so light and short you could technically run it without it.

I’m ecstatic to report the roughcraft fit the B/TC models! They are AWESOME. The baffle in sounds real close to stock until you open the throttle. It’s still very reasonable. With the baffles out, it’s loud but sounds amazing. you will have to fabricate a small hanger but the exhaust is so light and short you could technically run it without it.
Congrats!

Which part of the Zard didn’t fit? Were the mufflers in contact with the saddlebag support?

Which part of the Zard didn’t fit? Were the mufflers in contact with the saddlebag support?
Forgot to reply to your question about the Zard. I bought it through a company on eBay and they kept dicking me around with delayed shipping after delayed shipping. So I canceled it. I like the looks of this exhaust better as well. This motor runs way better catless. Doesn’t have all the back pressure and slow throttle response. Bike really scoots. Maybe it’s just seat of pants feeling but feels much more responsive/ quicker to me.

Forgot to reply to your question about the Zard. I bought it through a company on eBay and they kept dicking me around with delayed shipping after delayed shipping. So I canceled it. I like the looks of this exhaust better as well. This motor runs way better catless. Doesn’t have all the back pressure and slow throttle response. Bike really scoots. Maybe it’s just seat of pants feeling but feels much more responsive/ quicker to me.
How bout some pictures on your bike and a sound clip.Is the system long enough to clear the bags?
Thx

Have anybody installed Roughcraft system on their r18? I'm having fitment issues with the headers., side stand hits and other side not lined up properly. It like the exhaust flang is not lined up. Any tricks or tips to get them instaled. thanks

Not these, but I did have to bend the ends about 1in up at headpipe/muffler meet point to prevent the muffler from scrapping while leaned over.

Is there anybody in the states doing the cut/remove baffling/reweld on the stock fish exhaust R18's like the place that does it in the UK? I'd love to get mine done but would be nice to save on shipping cost and downtime if there was somebody in the states doing it

Back