Exhaust manifold/ Headers

Is there anybody in the states doing the cut/remove baffling/reweld on the stock fish exhaust R18's like the place that does it in the UK? I'd love to get mine done but would be nice to save on shipping cost and downtime if there was somebody in the states doing it
The plan is to cut the fishtail shortly after receiving my bike. It is scheduled to pickup this week from Gateway. The exhausts will end about even w rear axle. I’ll cap them after I get the desired sound. Can you put a magnet to yours to determine if they are SS?

The plan is to cut the fishtail shortly after receiving my bike. It is scheduled to pickup this week from Gateway. The exhausts will end about even w rear axle. I’ll cap them after I get the desired sound. Can you put a magnet to yours to determine if they are SS?
Didn’t the owner’s custom R18 at Gateway have stock fishtails sawed off?

Is there anybody in the states doing the cut/remove baffling/reweld on the stock fish exhaust R18's like the place that does it in the UK? I'd love to get mine done but would be nice to save on shipping cost and downtime if there was somebody in the states doing it
Hello, no one in the state does this modification for what I know of. I sent mine to Matt the toy shop guy in the UK 🇬🇧 great guy to deal with. Excellent work quality no blemishes he’s fast and straight forward takes about a week. It costed me about $1400.00 US dollars for everything. Best decision I have made sounds incredibly good. Good luck

I'll report back on the ss when I get home this evening👍🏻

Hello, no one in the state does this modification for what I know of. I sent mine to Matt the toy shop guy in the UK 🇬🇧 great guy to deal with. Excellent work quality no blemishes he’s fast and straight forward takes about a week. It costed me about $1400.00 US dollars for everything. Best decision I have made sounds incredibly good. Good luck
I may end up going that route. Would be awesome if somebody here did it though

This isn’t a full system exhaust so this was never in the running. And spending 1500+ for mufflers is a little steep. You’re comparing apples to oranges. Hence the title of this thread.
$2000+ is a little steep for a system does not fit and needs modded.

They have a very light magnetic pull, so my guess is it's polished ss
I work right up the road from them so I'm gonna stop in there tommorow and ask. I think it might be the same guy that redone my seats cause I know he does welding too

They have a very light magnetic pull, so my guess is it's polished ss

I work right up the road from them so I'm gonna stop in there tommorow and ask. I think it might be the same guy that redone my seats cause I know he does welding too
He had a custom shop Rich Grabbe build it for him. It was in-process when I picked up my R18 from them. I saw the finished product on their FB page a few months later.

B41050C7-5A72-452F-B595-B8AB8B0A5C3C.jpeg

$2000+ is a little steep for a system does not fit and needs modded.
Nice dodge of the real point. It fit, just needed an inch of bend. Plus it’s not made for a b. Again, this is a thread about cat/head pipes. Not bolt on mufflers. Thanks for playing

Nice dodge of the real point. It fit, just needed an inch of bend. Plus it’s not made for a b. Again, this is a thread about cat/head pipes. Not bolt on mufflers. Thanks for playing
Yeah,You are right!
Apples and oranges.
Baggers and Bobbers,LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the 2nd forum member who has posted they have had their fishtail’s modified by The Toy Shop but has not posted any pictures of the modifications.
The whole idea of a forum is to share knowledge and experience.

This is the 2nd forum member who has posted they have had their fishtail’s modified by The Toy Shop but has not posted any pictures of the modifications.
The whole idea of a forum is to share knowledge and experience.
Hello there I totally understand and agree with your statement. The issue is that there’s nothing to take pictures of as it looks exactly the same with some new welds on the bottom which you can’t see once installed no discolouration no damages or pitting of the chrome. The inside is all gutted since the opening is small camera can’t take a good picture
Unfortunately. But it sounds incredible. I will try to post sound clip when the weather breaks soon.

Attachments

• BC88EEF0-DE6B-47BA-A6AB-B0318AC609AC.jpeg
    BC88EEF0-DE6B-47BA-A6AB-B0318AC609AC.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
Hello there I totally understand and agree with your statement. The issue is that there’s nothing to take pictures of as it looks exactly the same with some new welds on the bottom which you can’t see once installed no discolouration no damages or pitting of the chrome. The inside is all gutted since the opening is small camera can’t take a good picture
Unfortunately. But it sounds incredible. I will try to post sound clip when the weather breaks soon.
The sound clip is undoubtedly what we are interested in!

Yes he did and the local builder that did the work is Rich. I wish he would share his expertise in the fishtail forum. Aaron, if possible, please compare your stock fishtail sound quality to the Rich’s shortened fishtail muffler. That muffler is about 60% shorter. I only want to shorten mine about 20% w a slash cut to match the curve of the fishtail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Yes he did and the local builder that did the work is Rich. I wish he would share his expertise in the fishtail forum. Aaron, if possible, please compare your stock fishtail sound quality to the Rich’s shortened fishtail muffler. That muffler is about 60% shorter. I only want to shorten mine about 20% w a slash cut to match the curve of the fishtail.
That bike sold about a week ago so unfortunately I can't compare

Back