Exhaust Systems

You are on the same track as I am, Mucker and firstime911. I am getting rid of the cats in the exhaust between the 2 oxygen sensors and will report back on the improvements, if any, in sound and performance. My guess is that just as with my R9T and my AMG Diavel, getting rid of the cats makes for a lot better sound but a bit of back firing when you come off the throttle. No need to remap the ECU's on either bike and no error flags on the dash.
Anyone have experience with removing the cats? Usually a guys with a welding torch can do it if a readymade substitute is not available. In my bikes, Remus and Termi already had solutions that were simply plug and play.

myself ;-)

They do sound much better than the original ones !! I had a pair of new mufflers from my Harley. I adapted them for my R18. I will run a video...
your setup looks amazing
I also have a brand new pair of 2014 road king mufflers
And am thinking of fitting them on my R18 classic

does the ecu work fine with the pipes?
Do you get any error codes ( O2 sensors...)

also... would you know of any possible tuning/ ECU flash that could fine tune the new setup?

and ... do you have a video that allows us to sample the sound?
😬🤩

Thanks

Updated Jekill & Hyde

I thought they were just in the flap/exhaust modulation business but it looks like they're offering headers/cans in "long" and "short" versions with the modulation flap built in. No prices yet, of course.

I'm another that likes the look of the stock exhaust. The exhaust and the engine where the 2 biggest things that originally caught my eye. I do wish it had a wee bit louder volume and bass-ier tone like some others here have mentioned. Will be keeping a eye on the forum for some of you that may experiment with the stock exhaust and report back

Unfortunately, only in black. Black-on-black, blacker-than-black, all blacked-out. Modders are doing it, OEMs are doing it, Black Dog's mutt is probably doing it too. Just OTT, IMHO - getting old now. Especially if it is the only option.
Oh Ya, My mutt can whup you mutt any day!!!funny-great-danes-28-5b02dc5070e95__700.jpg

Last edited:
Is the exhaust mounting system is the same between R18 and R18 classic??
I see Remus has two code for both model
Product no.: 007102 089920LR-002 (R18)
Product no.: 007102 089920LR-001 (R18 Classic)

Back