Price check on aisle 5

NOT correct as far as my deal is concerned. As mentioned, I financed $17,500 after discounts were applied, sales tax of 6% was paid, and a plate was purchased. BMW will make six payments worth $2,000. My resulting "net" cost is then $15,500 after ALL incentives including BMW's six payments. My finance rate is .9%.
I appreciate the response. FYI, I had been typing my last post before seeing your previous one.

If you guys don't mind confirming, so that I'm not comparing apples:eek:ranges when I speak to the dealer tomorrow...

@DG6n26 : R18 C FE Loaded. Price paid $14,995. This must have included the $3,000 in customer cash plus an additional dealer discount. This is irrespective of the $2,000 in free payments as you paid cash. I assume the bike didn't have floor boards.
@TCClassic : fully loaded, non demo, R18 Classic FE with floor boards. Price paid. $15,500.
@WaydeG : R18 Classic (FE?) was 16733.00 out the door, but that included Texas sales tax. Reduce that by 6.25% so the negotiated price before tax was more like $15,700.

If I'm interpreting this all correctly, I should be able to negotiate the R18 C FE with floorboards to $15,500 (between $14,995 and 15,700) and still take the financing deal with BMW picking up the first $2000 in payments, which I would intend to do. This means the dealer would need to discount the list price down to $18,500 before applying the customer cash of $3,000, and there should be no hidden set-up, freight or other charges. Correct?

Thanks guys!
My bike is not a demo, has the floorboards. Price is $14,995 plus $500 in BS fees and $500 in tax, title, tags. $16,010 OTD cash

Hi everyone,

I finally negotiated a 2021 R18 Classic, loaded (Premium and Select packages including floor boards), in black storm metallic. I like chrome, and the FE is beautiful, but a more blacked-out muted color scheme was more to my liking. I paid a flat $15,000 on the "demo" promotion (with only 7 miles on the bike) after the $3,000 in customer cash but before the extra $2,000 payment promotion for financing. My out the door price of $15K, but adding in the extra $2,000 in financing payment savings, is $13,000. Such a deal! I also negotiated the Mustang Day Rider saddle for $499, normally $599.

Thanks for the support, guys!

Hi everyone,

I finally negotiated a 2021 R18 Classic, loaded (Premium and Select packages including floor boards), in black storm metallic. I like chrome, and the FE is beautiful, but a more blacked-out muted color scheme was more to my liking. I paid a flat $15,000 on the "demo" promotion (with only 7 miles on the bike) after the $3,000 in customer cash but before the extra $2,000 payment promotion for financing. My out the door price of $15K, but adding in the extra $2,000 in financing payment savings, is $13,000. Such a deal! I also negotiated the Mustang Day Rider saddle for $499, normally $599.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats. Have a great 2022 riding season on the new bike! Share pictures when you can.

I must admit that while actively looking at new bikes, I am finding it difficult to ignore the current R18 offers! I do not need another one, but that might just be what happens. o_O
That’s what happened to me. I had just ordered a Pan America and then saw the R18 deals.

Hi everyone,

Great deal, congrats.

I think Oilhead might have gotten the best deal I've seen. I inked a deal this week for a '21 R 18 Classic with Special Edition (chrome and pinstripe), Premium Package (reverse assist), Select Package (heated grips and alarm) and cruise control for a total of $16,000. I got the BMW finance deal to reduce that total to $14,000. I have to pay sales tax of $1120.00 when I register. Total cost to me is $15,120. I'm not sure how that compares to "out the door" pricing.

NOT correct as far as my deal is concerned. As mentioned, I financed $17,500 after discounts were applied, sales tax of 6% was paid, and a plate was purchased. BMW will make six payments worth $2,000. My resulting "net" cost is then $15,500 after ALL incentives including BMW's six payments. My finance rate is .9%.
BMW is postponing your payment, at the end you are paying 17500.....do the Math your payments plus your ballon/apr/etc........they are spreading your 6 payments into it your 48 payments....correct me if im wrong.....thank you

BMW is postponing your payment, at the end you are paying 17500.....do the Math your payments plus your ballon/apr/etc........they are spreading your 6 payments into it your 48 payments....correct me if im wrong.....thank you
This isnt a ballon payment. I confirmed with my dealer this is a simple interest loan.
At the bottom of the finance sheet 1 Ballon payment (if applicable Column 1)
Next column (2) Amp of payment "N/A"

Last edited:
Good point, but actually BMW is making the first 6 payments in their entirety, not spreading that value over the life of the loan. So, the principal/pay-off at 6 months is reduced by the sum of the principal component of the six payments BMW makes over the first 6 months up to the maximum of $2,000 of payments, albeit LESS the interest component of those 6 payments, which is negligible; read on:

Given the 0.9%, simple interest rate on my loan ($15,000 principal) per month is a mere $11.25/month. So over the 6 months, that's just $67.50. That's the amount that's deducted from their committed $2,000 in payments that actually reduces the final pay-off at 6 months. You can do the math this way to confirm: 0.9% x 15,000 x 6/12 months = $67.50. So, effectively over 6 months that reduces the amount that BMW contributes to paying down the principal from $2,000 to $1,932.50.

Therefore, my principal will reduce from $15,000 to $13,067.50 at the 6-month point.

So, you're point is well taken, that you don't get the full benefit of the $2,000 knocked off the price of the bike; instead it's 96.92% of $2,000. HOWEVER, you do have to consider also the time value of money. With a 0.9% loan, I'm still better off NOT ever paying off the bike, holding BMW's money and investing it.

So, the conclusion is that the customer gets every penny of the value of that $2,000 in payments BMW is offering (in principal and a very beneficial interest rate). Anyone who doesn't take advantage of that would be making a mistake, IMHO. If you don't normally finance, do it anyway; let BMW make the first six payments, which takes $1932.50 off the price of the bike. Why would you forego that? Plus you get to keep your cash working for you for 6 months. If you do want to finance, 0.9% can't be beat PLUS you still reduce your principal on the bike at 6 months by $1,932.50. In either case the only thing you need to do to take full advantage of that is structure your payments such that the first six payments exceeds $2,000.

Hope this helps.

Very well described Oilhead…exactly my logic. The incredible price reduction paired with a sub 1% interest rate with the first six payments made by BMW is too good to ignore for such a fantastic motorcycle, even when you have the cash, keep it in the market. That’s why I bought two of the Classics: one for a sidecar rig and the second to avoid disassembling the side car. It’s was too good of a deal to pass up. Not surprised they are running out of inventory. Now for a larger garage….

Hi everyone, I just stumbled with this thread and want to ask for recommendations on where can I go/contact to get the 2021 R18 Classic, with First Edition (Chrome is so cool), Premium and Select packages. Of course taking advantage of BMW's promotions. I appreciate any orientation, have visited 3 dealers around NOVA with out success. Thank you all. Fernando

Hi everyone, I just stumbled with this thread and want to ask for recommendations on where can I go/contact to get the 2021 R18 Classic, with First Edition (Chrome is so cool), Premium and Select packages. Of course taking advantage of BMW's promotions. I appreciate any orientation, have visited 3 dealers around NOVA with out success. Thank you all. Fernando
My dealer told me that BMW doesn't have any more 2021 R18 Classic's in the warehouse when I bought my R18C FE about 8 weeks ago. There may be a few dealers that still have inventory. I would check Cycle Trader to see if anything comes up close to where you live. I don't know if 2022 R18C's are shipping yet. My dealer here in Michigan says they don't have any on the horizon at this point. However, if you can't find a 2021 R18C, BMW is offering slightly less generous incentives on the 2022 R18B and R18TC's that might be worth considering.

Last edited:
Back