Windshield / Windscreen options?

The MRA X-CREEN DÉFLECToR works on top of my CustomAcces DAYTONA III wind shield. This wind shield on its own is not good at all. With the deflector it s ok but not more .

C568792B-2746-4EEF-8C4A-F472E183750F.jpegSo, at a shade over 6’2 I wanted a touring windshield. I don’t plan on using a windshield much but I wanted an option for long trips on the slab.

I put on the Puig new touring with the R18 hardware. Then I added my wunderlich windshield spoiler I use to solve head buffet on the GS. Perfect and tested up to 90.

Here is have something to share with everyone who is looking for answer regarding the buffering on the R18 Classic... I recently got hold of the ClearView 19.5" tall ( stock is 16" ) with the top tip is got a lip to deflect more head wind... buffering is still there but reduced about 40%. When I reach at a higher speed like in the 80MPH+ it still got a whole lot of buffering there... I found out if you lean forward like couple of inches at a higher speed you have no wind at all... but how long can you stay at that speed? or lean forward for? It's worth the money to get it replace and it's a direct replacement just move your rubber grommets and spacers then you are all set. They also have 21" as well if you are taller rider you may need to get a taller one. I am 5'10" and so far I am happy R18 Classic rider!
E6518C3F-2076-4DF6-8D8A-92DBEACF1BDC.jpeg

Attachments

• 957AD570-FABA-49E9-B259-80F31C845FE7.jpeg
    957AD570-FABA-49E9-B259-80F31C845FE7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • 5C743A9B-9F17-4F7F-8174-4154988EF196.jpeg
    5C743A9B-9F17-4F7F-8174-4154988EF196.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 62
Here is have something to share with everyone who is looking for answer regarding the buffering on the R18 Classic... I recently got hold of the ClearView 19.5" tall ( stock is 16" ) with the top tip is got a lip to deflect more head wind... buffering is still there but reduced about 40%. When I reach at a higher speed like in the 80MPH+ it still got a whole lot of buffering there... I found out if you lean forward like couple of inches at a higher speed you have no wind at all... but how long can you stay at that speed? or lean forward for? It's worth the money to get it replace and it's a direct replacement just move your rubber grommets and spacers then you are all set. They also have 21" as well if you are taller rider you may need to get a taller one. I am 5'10" and so far I am happy R18 Classic rider!
View attachment 5779

This looks really great. Easy install?

Yes, took me about 10 minutes ( I like mine new toy in 150% right) to install it onto the factory bracket. Simply removes your existing rubber grommets and spacers and reinstall it and you are done. They have two sizes as of now but you won’t see it on their site yet. Great piece to have.

Awesome, I think I will add the same!

You have to call them directly 800 798 6089, part number for the 19.5 inches is BMW-R18C-200-19-0G-000-R, this is the light gray tint, he have a few selections to go with your likes, you can ask when you call in. I have mention I heard it from this site and got some surprise to go with it. Enjoy it, I am going back out to enjoy the shield now.

I called these folks to see if they needed a windshield from the R18C to make a larger replacement.I was told they already have a larger windshield in the works and should be done before the end of the year.
Nothing on their web site at present. Too bad. Looks like a good brand.

Nothing on their web site at present. Too bad. Looks like a good brand.

ACRYLIC OR POLYCARBONATE

Last edited by a moderator:

R18C ONLY

I didn t see any comments on the puig touring for turbulences there. May be missed something.
I put a wind deflector I picked up from eBay on top of my PUIG windshield to help with the turbulence. Windshield was less than $300 and the deflector was about $25. Windshield is Smoke and looks good on the R18 FE. Mounts are better than the ones that attach to the handlebars, which should help minimize any tank slappers which is a more common occurrence on handlebar mounted windshields, that don't have dampeners.

Back